Organizational Flattening?

upscorpis

During the summit this week, Mr. Globetrotter spoke about too many layers in the IT management structure. He said changes would come before mid year. Any thoughts on what's next?

0189C3D0-A515-403A-BAF1-94079B711F5C.jpeg

bumped

During the summit this week, Mr. Globetrotter spoke about too many layers in the IT management structure. He said changes would come before mid year. Any thoughts on what's next?

I suspect UPS will get rid of the management with experience and knowledge and replace with cheaper less "UPS" knowledgeable young people.

bigbrown_driver

I suspect UPS will get rid of the management with experience and knowledge and replace with cheaper less "UPS" knowledgeable young people.

That has already started. A lot of knowledge has walked out and senior managers don’t care. There is no succession planning for those that are about to leave. Positions are being outsourced to India’s Tech Mahindra. 2nd and 3rd shift NOC has already been migrated to TM; application developers are as well. In 5 years the face of IT is going to be scary.

upscorpis

Using global resources has been going on for a very long time. That computer operations finally started to use them is only news in that it took so long. The fact that so many people are not being replaced is foreshadowing some sort of organizational thinning.

I'm hearing the substantive changes will begin unfolding toward the end of this month. That makes sense since the annual review and merit cycle will have been finalized. Everyone will have been evaluated and ranked so they can be slotted into their future role as deemed appropriate.

Using global resources has been going on for a very long time. That computer operations finally started to use them is only news in that it took so long. The fact that so many people are not being replaced is foreshadowing some sort of organizational thinning.