ORION 1.1 - New upgrade

JL 0513

My center got the update a couple of weeks ago. ODO now lines up P/U's on the EDD screen in the order to be completed mixed in with delivery stops. I used to see this once in a while on EDD views where a P/U would be on the delivery list but now all P/U's are on the list so that you now know when the P/U breaks are supposed to occur without having to guess or figure out what Orion's plan was.

This was one of the biggest holes in ORION as drivers couldn't see what the intended plan was for breaking off for P/U's. This is particularly helpful if you have a route with like 15+ p/u's and ORION weaves in delivery stops along the P/U path.

This won't make drivers love Orion but it will make them hate it a little less. Have you guys gotten it yet?

Rack em

Made the Podium
All it does is put pick ups in the same screen instead of having to hit escape 1... Its hardly an improvement. Plus with the time allowance for most pick up routes, there is no time to do stops in between. Its useless

Grey

First thing I do every morning is switch to RDO. For a year and half nothing has been said to me. Either management here is reasonable or they just don't care lol.

JL 0513

All it does is put pick ups in the same screen instead of having to hit escape 1... Its hardly an improvement. Plus with the time allowance for most pick up routes, there is no time to do stops in between. Its useless

No, you're over simplifying it. The key is that the P/U's are listed after each planned delivery stop. The problem a lot of drivers were having is that they were making unplanned breaks which made Orion make no sense to them and inflating miles. This takes the guess work out of it.

Overpaid Union Thug

My center got the update a couple of weeks ago. ODO now lines up P/U's on the EDD screen in the order to be completed mixed in with delivery stops. I used to see this once in a while on EDD views where a P/U would be on the delivery list but now all P/U's are on the list so that you now know when the P/U breaks are supposed to occur without having to guess or figure out what Orion's plan was.

This was one of the biggest holes in ORION as drivers couldn't see what the intended plan was for breaking off for P/U's. This is particularly helpful if you have a route with like 15+ p/u's and ORION weaves in delivery stops along the P/U path.

This won't make drivers love Orion but it will make them hate it a little less. Have you guys gotten it yet?
LOL. We occasionally get an ODS message telling us to meet a pickup compliance metric and now we have our pickups in ORION way to early. Including "smart pickups". I tell ya the only reason I turn ORION on anymore is for entertainment purposes. Then I shut it off before I leave the building.

What's going to happen someday when your DIAD/ORION/the whole freaking PAS/EDD system goes down and you actually have to figure out how to run your route?

On paper.
On the rare occasion that happens (after a bad storm) I actually like it. Especially when they are still able to print the SPAs. We've only had to use paper once since PAS/EDD was implemented.

Last edited:

JL 0513

First thing I do every morning is switch to RDO. For a year and half nothing has been said to me. Either management here is reasonable or they just don't care lol.

As long as you beat the miles...

I often don't follow it either but mainly when I know I will match or beat the miles. If you you run it 50% and go way over on miles then you don't look too bright.

Overpaid Union Thug

As long as you beat the miles...

I often don't follow it either but mainly when I know I will match or beat the miles. If you you run it 50% and go way over on miles then you don't look too bright.

Beating the miles and running 90% ORION trace but having service failures as a result REALLY doesnt make me look bright either.