Orion and Saturday Ground

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by The Driver, Jun 30, 2018.

1. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Anybody else being instructed to run Orion on Saturdays only?

I know what this company is up to. Trying to piss us off so we will vote to allow “hybrid drivers”. They can kiss my :censored2:, I’m not giving in.

• Like x 3
    • Beer x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 Fight the power.

60152EEF-4353-4E9B-A9FD-83C0E8EC9876.gif

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Are you a full time package driver???

ORION sucks and it makes my life harder than it needs to be. If I’m pissed off and want Saturdays off again then I’m more likely to vote against my conscience for this giveaway contract, allowing a lower paid ground driver to do this in my place.

Does that spell it out for you a little better?

4. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro Active Member

I dream of stupid instruction like that. Mo' money. Especially on Saturday when there aren't as many business deliveries.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  5. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

It’s just so hot today that I’m pissed about their little games. I’m cooling off now though.

6. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

what’s orion?

7. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro Active Member

It is UPS' routing software. It creates a custom delivery order for the driver each morning. It is supposed to reduce miles and time on road. It's a joke. Sometimes works alright. But generally is a joke. It might have your first stop be a residential on shelf 6. And your truck is 100% full and you cannot access that package. Has you deliver NDA after commit time. Deliver businesses after they close, etc...

LIke most things UPS it's a cheap knock-version of what we actually need. Not implemented correctly. Then neglected. Randomly it becomes number of the month and they ask us to follow it to raise their percentages...

8. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

I was just kidding buddy , I’ve never followed orion since it came out lol..

9. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I have done some Saturday air and if I followed Orion, they would have been late. Orion has you pass stops to have you end up near the building which is bad for stuff on time constraint.

10. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

You and me both. If I had the order to follow Orion 100%, I would smile and say nothing.

11. Benben

Benben Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

tenor (1).gif

12. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 Fight the power.

Sucks to be you. My life is great. Gods favor is abundant in my life. Wish I could share some of his goodness with you. It seems like u Need Some in your life.

13. Benben

Benben Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

14. LeaveIt2Griever

LeaveIt2Griever FileFileFile

Saturdays are the only days I run ORION. It’s a lot easier to find things since you’re only going out with about 150 pieces. It may not be like that everywhere, but on my Saturday route RDO makes even less sense than ODO.

15. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. hegro

hegro Member

Orion has me driving by 40-50 stops every Saturday. I just ignore what they say and hit those stops on the way. :censored2: 'em.

17. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Are you getting pep talks about Orion on Saturday? Instruction?

I'm thinking about ignoring them next time or just pulling over and sorting the whole truck after my first stop of the day. Yesterday ruined my life.

18. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

They’re just packages.

19. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

I'm just saying I spent too much of my day in the back of that goddamned cargo area. Never again. 12 hour day fighting Orion and the load and all the commits. Being frustrated in 102 degree heat all day takes a psychological toll on anybody.

20. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

saturday is the perfect day to follow ORION, it was literally built for this kind of dispatch

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List