Orion tested today.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It was not too bad today, I think I went 3 miles over what they wanted. But I know I had 126, and usually I would be 730, and I got in at 6, so we are doing more in less time, and costing jobs. They added stops into my air, that I couldnt get, and a bunch of resis from another loop, to do right after my air, causing me to deliver my meat of my route the heavy commercial after Noon.
I called in and said I am not doing that.
So I skipped all that ran the route the way it was set up after that, and did that section at the end. It was in my 5000 section, and I could not fight the bulk to get to it anyway.....

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Run a rural route. You will back into many driveways. Driving 10 miles around the block doesn't work.
We're talking about when you can drive around a block or to a culdesac. Also rural routes usually have 500s or 700s, not 1200s or 1400s. I had a 1400 half this week and if the ground isn't perfectly flat you couldn't back into one of you wanted to.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
If we climbed over packages in the building like Orion wants us to do in the back of the car mgmt. would give us warning letters for working unsafely.

I refuse to climb over packages to get a house stop. If UPS wants to give me a warning letter and tells me I have to work unsafely I will frame it for any future driver that gets hurt. I am sure a workers comp. lawyer would love what Orion is telling us to do.

I wonder what OSHA would say about safe work with Orion?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We're talking about when you can drive around a block or to a culdesac. Also rural routes usually have 500s or 700s, not 1200s or 1400s. I had a 1400 half this week and if the ground isn't perfectly flat you couldn't back into one of you wanted to.
Johnny made a blanket statement that he will never back into a driveway. Obviously rural and city are different.