ORION-Will It Effect Over/Under??

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You will waste a lot more time in the back of your car hunting packages since your route isn't loaded in order. Less miles, bigger paycheck.

Ghost in the Darkness

I'd say do it the way they want. Make sure you are taking your lunch and break during the midday. You will have plenty of ticked off businesses/pickups, many send agains, maybe some missed, NI3 & CLO3s, and maybe some pickups who will no longer use UPS. Make sure you explain to the angry customers why you are working as directed and to whom they can complain about it.
You will eventually realize you can only do what you can do, you are not a machine, and they are only boxes.

ManInBrown

More miles, more allowance from what We were told when we first got it. Sounds crazy but it might if you're Orion is bad and has you driving around in circles.

BUCN85

I'd say do it the way they want. Make sure you are taking your lunch and break during the midday. You will have plenty of ticked off businesses/pickups, many send agains, maybe some missed, NI3 & CLO3s, and maybe some pickups who will no longer use UPS. Make sure you explain to the angry customers why you are working as directed and to whom they can complain about it.
You will eventually realize you can only do what you can do, you are not a machine, and they are only boxes.
This is true when it comes to commercial. I remember 1 heavier stop used to get their stuff around 11 or so and used a lot of what they got to ship back out at 330-4. Now Orion wants you at this stop on a daily basis at 430. 30 mins after their pick up time and right as they are leaving for the day.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Had my sup ask me today to follow ORION 100% to lower my over allowed....I dont think this will help...will it??

IF....I had followed orion yesterday, I would have missed and entire town's worth of business. orion does nothing to prevent you from searching for boxes hiding like easter eggs somewhere in you load. orion does nothing to prevent you from spending extra time digging packages out that are buried on MFL. orion does nothing to reduce over allowed.

Once the package placement within the truck issues are addressed....then over allowed issues will be controlled.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This is true when it comes to commercial. I remember 1 heavier stop used to get their stuff around 11 or so and used a lot of what they got to ship back out at 330-4. Now Orion wants you at this stop on a daily basis at 430. 30 mins after their pick up time and right as they are leaving for the day.
This is a poor business decision by ups...they will pay for these

oldngray

nowhere special
It would be interesting to see the data used from Telematics, GPS and traffic flow info to develop the 'Planned Time for Travel'.
office_01.jpg

YoungerBrasherSmarterer

Fistin' the air
Typically when I end up on a split car that is "underdispatched" I make sure to follow ORION as close to possible. It will typically give me an extra 60-90 minutes of pay and 15%-25% more miles.

ORION in all likelihood will help your dispatch numbers, because increased miles are the best way to decrease stops. ORION always adds miles as far as i can tell.

Dhydratd

Work as instructed and follow it 100%. Obey stop signs and speed limits. Use driveways and sidewalks only, no shortcuts. When they switched me to Orion, my numbers became so bad that the DM demanded my sup ride with me for 3 days. On the morning of the 3rd day I witnessed my sup and DM arguing about me. I overheard my sup say "...But he's running 100% trace, what do you want me to do?" Orion is a failed experiment, just cover your ass and work as instructed.
The only part of Orion they care about here anymore is the 1st stop.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You will waste a lot more time in the back of your car hunting packages since your route isn't loaded in order. Less miles, bigger paycheck.
Can't say it's ever reduced my miles. I always end up pulling from far away for businesses or pick ups.