Orion

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our building is about to get Orion. UPSers that are on Orion did your building cut routes once on Orion or did it create more routes?
As a self appointed Staff Member, I must intercede with the following message!
giphy.gif

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Our building is about to get Orion. UPSers that are on Orion did your building cut routes once on Orion or did it create more routes?

Our center added 6-8 areas. Steward is in the process of getting them as bid areas. As to the rest ,search Orion. All of yours answers are there. Then come back with? 'S if you can't find it. Advise --- follow it.

Grey

When ppl bring up ORION they're constantly talking about opting in so more routes should be in. My dispatcher says if ppl keep opting in UPS will start losing money on deliveries (obviously PU's make bank) and said the center could potentially be in trouble down the road. I won a vacation bid for a week and opted in which is when he told me that. Even a rookie like me didn't fall for it.

Anthonysg0113

UPS is in denial. Now it's 85% or better trace, and who cares how many miles over. Which is it supposed to be? Dispatch sup adding stop after stop. Over allow is a hot topic. Just a waste of money, sorry.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS is in denial. Now it's 85% or better trace, and who cares how many miles over. Which is it supposed to be? Dispatch sup adding stop after stop. Over allow is a hot topic. Just a waste of money, sorry.
Over allowed is just gonna get worse and worse. They are expecting 25-30% more work in the same amount of time than just 6-7 years ago.

Packmule

Just beat Orion by 27 miles. Again. What are they getting for the millions they have spent on this boondoggle? More miles, more routes. A ten year old kid could have come up with a better program!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
This is the main reason I don't frequent this forum very often. It used to be a good source of information, but now It's become just a bunch of sarcastic :censored2:s. If you can't answer the question, then how about just STFU for God's sake!
I respect a lot of the topics here. But this one is just beaten to death. It's the same thread every 2 weeks. I'd put good money on this same exact question popping up by the 25th

S

selfcancelsignal

I like this topic being beaten to death. Much better than most of the other shizz on here the past couple of weeks. Always up for ideas on how to make it work better for me. I think I'll be close to the miles each day they start enforcing it at our center, but the 85% trace will probably be a different story. I deliver out of a P700 & when there's a lot of bulk, I simply cannot follow it very well. If little to no bulk, it's better, but I'm still not gonna feel safe criss crossing the busy 4 lane street I start the first couple hours of my route on. I've been experimenting a lot with it actually since it went into our DIAD's a couple months ago. My OC supe went out with an ORION team member & kind of set it up. Our 2 OC supes plan on starting rides this month I believe, (I don't know, never hear PCM's 'cause my route, er belt splitting/loading starts 15 mins earlier than most other start times) just in time for peak. Nice. I'm with Upstate on this 1. It's to be used as a tool, not the gospel.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
This is the main reason I don't frequent this forum very often. It used to be a good source of information, but now It's become just a bunch of sarcastic :censored2:s. If you can't answer the question, then how about just STFU for God's sake!
Are we working the day after thanksgiving?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Just ask Dave. He will answer all your questions on Orion completely as he has had it for a few weeks now and is expert level. He will get you squared away BOG style