ORS salary vs. FSP hourly pay rate

DGAF

I've heard a lot of discussion of On car supervisor salary vs. driver, I thought i'd run the actual numbers. When hired as an On car, I was given the expectation of a 10 hour work day. Although most FT sups work more, we will use that as a basis for the comparison.

A FSP working a 10 hr day will earn $98,355 a year at $34.39hr. (($34.39*40)*52) + ((34.39x1.5)10)+52) . An ORS average base salary (taken from glass door) earns $79,980 + MIP. Last year's MIP was .80, so 79980 + 10877.28 = $90,857 per year. This is a rate of $31.76 per hour at a 10hour work day.

FSP $34.39 per hour
ORS $31.76 per hour
Doesn't seem right that the person in charge and responsible for the collective results would be out earned by his/her employees.

hyena

I've heard a lot of discussion of On car supervisor salary vs. driver, I thought i'd run the actual numbers. When hired as an On car, I was given the expectation of a 10 hour work day. Although most FT sups work more, we will use that as a basis for the comparison.

A FSP working a 10 hr day will earn $98,355 a year at $34.39hr. (($34.39*40)*52) + ((34.39x1.5)10)+52) . An ORS average base salary (taken from glass door) earns $79,980 + MIP. Last year's MIP was .80, so 79980 + 10877.28 = $90,857 per year. This is a rate of $31.76 per hour at a 10hour work day.

FSP $34.39 per hour
ORS $31.76 per hour
Doesn't seem right that the person in charge and responsible for the collective results would be out earned by his/her employees.
Sure it does we do all the work

T

Turdferguson

FSP $34.39 per hour
ORS $31.76 per hour
Cry+baby+1.gif

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
lets not forget management pays for their Health Insurance( and if the spouse can get insurance at the spouses job then the spuose is no longer eligible for coverage) , management is "encouraged" to give a certain amount to United Way, to only work a 10 hour day as in my building 12-14 hour days are the rule and not the exception.

Newly minted supes also no longer get a pension,rather an "enhanced" 401k

In the old days one had to be very sharp to get into management and even sharper to stay,and there was little to no turnover in Management. Nowadays the only people who seem to go into management are those who A) cant do the job or B) those who have Delusions of Grandeur. Massive Turnover,bitterness and inferior people being "promoted" are now the norm

I cant see why anyone would go into management in 2015

Last edited by a moderator:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
lets not forget management pays for their Health Insurance( and if the spouse can get insurance at the spouses job then the spuose is no longer eligible for coverage) , management is "encouraged" to give a certain amount to United Way,and my On cars would perform multiple sex acts to only work a 10 hour day as in my building 12-14 hour days are the rule and not the exception.

Newly minted supes also no longer get a pension,rather an "enhanced" 401k

In the old days one had to be very sharp to get into management and even sharper to stay,and there was little to no turnover in Management. Nowadays the only people who seem to go into management are those who A) cant do the job or B) those who have Delusions of Grandeur. Massive Turnover,bitterness and inferior people being "promoted" are now the norm

I cant see why anyone would go into management in 2015
It's a class thing, a status thing, an ego thing. The same reason people drive extra nice vehicles who don't need to.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

FSP $34.39 per hour
ORS $31.76 per hour
You also forgot to factor in you PAYING for your crappy healthcare plan while the company pays ours...and my deductible is only $100. Now factor in the pension. U mad bro?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You also forgot to factor in you PAYING for your crappy healthcare plan while the company pays ours...and my deductible is only $100. Now factor in the pension. U mad bro?
It's funny, because there are about a dozen threads saying how crappy Teamcare is.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

FSP $34.39 per hour
ORS $31.76 per hour
You obviously aren't a driver with that statement lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OLDMAN3

The compensation numbers from Glassdoor are based on an average derived from 6 individual on road supervisors self-reporting their salaries. Hardly an accurate picture considering one supervisor was from Porto Rico making $59,721, and one from Atlanta reported a salary of $105,043+$13,841 bonus for total compensation of $119,484.

By the way Glassdoor lists the average on road makes $81,247 salary+ bonus not $79,980

Perhaps you should ask for a raise.

"Doesn't seem right that the person in charge and responsible for the collective results would be out earned by his/her employees."

-The average NBA coach makes $3 Million per year.
-There are 150 starting players in the NBA, the 150th highest player's salary is 4.6 Million and the 75th highest (median) makes over 9 million.

O

OLDMAN3

By the way the drivers are not your employees.
Both the drivers and on-cars are employed by UPS.

Evidently UPS values the work of their drivers more than the contributions of their on-cars.

Saboteur

Wrong again. New England doesn't have Teamcare. We run our own health & welfare funds and they're great.
You're lucky; Hoffa and Hall sold most of us down the river with TeamCare. It doesn't cover as well as what we had so our out of pocket expenses are higher. A few of the procedures are paid IF you file a grievance with TeamCare (not to be confused with a grievance against the company). I would side with the crappy threads about TeamCare.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You're lucky; Hoffa and Hall sold most of us down the river with TeamCare. It doesn't cover as well as what we had so our out of pocket expenses are higher. A few of the procedures are paid IF you file a grievance with TeamCare (not to be confused with a grievance against the company). I would side with the crappy threads about TeamCare.

Teamcare forces you to be a smarter medical consumer. You can't run to the ER with sniffles.

Just think how Teamcare will be on the next contract. With Hoffa/Hall...OMG!

The company has already achieved their goal of getting rid of healthcare. Other than changing their contribution amounts, what else can be changed? The company cannot tell the union how to spend their healthcare money.

Anthonysg0113

Teamcare forces you to be a smarter medical consumer. You can't run to the ER with sniffles.

The company has already achieved their goal of getting rid of healthcare. Other than changing their contribution amounts, what else can be changed? The company cannot tell the union how to spend their healthcare money.
That's true.

hyena

friend@&" Teamcare!

brownIEman