Other Airlines Must Love This

bacha29

Either they give it to all....or they give it to none. It has little chance in court. Then again learning that Freddy The Weasel was going to farm a major share of his air freight out to third party cargo brokers no question that he could then cuff around the members of the scared of their own shadow Tennessee until he got what he wanted.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Either they give it to all....or they give it to none. It has little chance in court. Then again learning that Freddy The Weasel was going to farm a major share of his air freight out to third party cargo brokers no question that he could then cuff around the members of the scared of their own shadow Tennessee until he got what he wanted.
I await vantexans defense of FedEx Special Capitalism and an equal playing field for all.

vantexan

They still have the Super Hub in Memphis and stations all over the state employing thousands. And thousands of vehicles paying taxes on gas and diesel, not to mention tag and registration fees.

vantexan

I await vantexans defense of FedEx Special Capitalism and an equal playing field for all.
See above. When other airlines do likewise in Tennessee I'm sure they'll be given breaks too. This is why companies like to relocate to low tax states.

It will be fine

Seems unnecessary, it’s not like FedEx can easily relocate. I don’t have a clue how jet fuel purchase logistics work but giving away that much revenue for no return sounds foolish.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It applies to all airlines and the state has been reducing this tax for years, but don't let being ignorant about the issue stop you from OMG FEDEX GREASING THE PALMS AND GETTING SPECIAL TREATMENT GO TELL ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS MAYBE THEY'LL STOP USING FEDEX BECAUSE OF THIS DERP DERP DERP.

yadig

It applies to all airlines and the state has been reducing this tax for years, but don't let being ignorant about the issue stop you from OMG FEDEX GREASING THE PALMS AND GETTING SPECIAL TREATMENT GO TELL ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS MAYBE THEY'LL STOP USING FEDEX BECAUSE OF THIS DERP DERP DERP.
There you go again lil Freddy

vantexan

Seems unnecessary, it’s not like FedEx can easily relocate. I don’t have a clue how jet fuel purchase logistics work but giving away that much revenue for no return sounds foolish.
With the switchover to Ground they may be worried FedEx is considering closing an Express hub or two.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
See above. When other airlines do likewise in Tennessee I'm sure they'll be given breaks too. This is why companies like to relocate to low tax states.
Is it fair to entice companies like Tesla, Boeing etc to move to Right To Work states with free land, low to no taxes and free infrastructure? Sure, it “creates”jobs transferred from somewhere else, but they aren’t new jobs. Abbott and Haley can crow about being “job creators “, but it’s kind of a fraud.

bacha29

Is it fair to entice companies like Tesla, Boeing etc to move to Right To Work states with free land, low to no taxes and free infrastructure? Sure, it “creates”jobs transferred from somewhere else, but they aren’t new jobs. Abbott and Haley can crow about being “job creators “, but it’s kind of a fraud.
The loss of 32 million in fuel taxes put a hole in the Tennessee state budget. Will be interesting to see how and where they make it up.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There you go again lil Freddy
Isn't it amazing that people will purposefully leave out pertinent and meaningful facts so that they can change the whole connotation of a story? Then again, maybe they aren't smart enough to notice. But either way, I provided facts that were reported and actually give you the whole story instead of committing lies of omission so I could have a reason to clutch my pearls.