O'Toole demands refunds for N.J. customers whose Christmas packages were delayed

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
O'Toole demands refunds for N.J. customers whose Christmas packages were delayed - NJ.com

It's not enough that Amazon has promised customers impacted by late deliveries from United Parcel Service and FedEX $20 gift cards and refunds on shipping charges, said State Sen. Kevin O'Toole (R-Bergen).

This morning the senator sent letters to the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs, FedEx and UPS explaining why he thinks each of the carriers should step up to refund shipping charges on packages that were unexpectedly delayed ahead of Christmas.

worldwide

O'Toole demands refunds for N.J. customers whose Christmas packages were delayed - NJ.com

It's not enough that Amazon has promised customers impacted by late deliveries from United Parcel Service and FedEX $20 gift cards and refunds on shipping charges, said State Sen. Kevin O'Toole (R-Bergen).

This morning the senator sent letters to the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs, FedEx and UPS explaining why he thinks each of the carriers should step up to refund shipping charges on packages that were unexpectedly delayed ahead of Christmas.

If a customer had a late AIR shipment, the guarantee for AIR shipments was in effect all peak season. The SHIPPER of the package (the one that paid UPS or Fedex for the shipment) can apply for a refund and can refunded the cost of the shipping. There is alreay a solution in place.

Gotta love the politicians that have a solutiuon in need of a problem...

bbsam

Staff member
Oh look--a Republican politician grand standing as well. Seemed more people were quick to point that out when the mouthpiece belonged to a Democrat.

oldngray

nowhere special
Truthfully I didn't notice what party other politicians grand standing about refunds were. I just saw politician, grand standing, stupid, when is the election?

bbsam

Staff member
Truthfully I didn't notice what party other politicians grand standing about refunds were. I just saw politician, grand standing, stupid, when is the election?
I'll grant you the benefit of the doubt on that, but you were the first to link the story about Democrat Richard Blumenthal making the demand first. Did Fox miss the Republican senator's comments in their attempt to be "fair and balanced"? I know you don't have the answer, but what is your opinion?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If a customer had a late AIR shipment, the guarantee for AIR shipments was in effect all peak season. The SHIPPER of the package (the one that paid UPS or Fedex for the shipment) can apply for a refund and can refunded the cost of the shipping. There is alreay a solution in place.

Gotta love the politicians that have a solutiuon in need of a problem...

UPS will use weather as their excuse.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'll grant you the benefit of the doubt on that, but you were the first to link the story about Democrat Richard Blumenthal making the demand first. Did Fox miss the Republican senator's comments in their attempt to be "fair and balanced"? I know you don't have the answer, but what is your opinion?

I linked Blumenthal first because he was the first to open his pie hole on the subject. I would have posted the same even if it was a Republican. And while I did post the link I made no comment about him being a Democrat.

bbsam

Staff member
I linked Blumenthal first because he was the first to open his pie hole on the subject. I would have posted the same even if it was a Republican. And while I did post the link I made no comment about him being a Democrat.
I understand that. I just find it odd when the "R" is present, Fox seems silent on the issue.

worldwide

UPS will use weather as their excuse.

If weather is a legit reason for the delay, then a refund is not warranted - that is the policy for UPS and Fedex. If an air or international shipment was late due to the backlog of shipments, a refund is warranted and will be given. UPS has even said this in the last couple of days.

The point is that the politicians are grandstanding and demanding that Fedex and UPS do something that they already do every day of the year - the guarantee already exisits and the known exceptions (i.e. ground the 2 weeks before Christmas) have been in place for years.