Ouch! So much for pinching pennies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"The suit alleged that tobacco retailers located on upstate reservations were given price discounts for shipping in volume. It said delivery drivers were allowed to accept iPads and other gifts from shippers and that account executives, whose compensation was tied to keeping big accounts, ignored signs that some customers signing delivery contracts dealt in cigarettes."
How many iPads does @UpstateNYUPSer have stuffed under the Christmas Tree from the Oneida Indian Nation?
See? The drivers are always at fault.

I don't live anywhere near the Oneida reservation.

My son has my iPad.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Illegal pharmacy deliveries
Illegal cigarette sales

Can't wait for our next informative training where they can blame the driver for not knowing what's in the box.

Don't worry, new DIAD training starts Saturday....guess what one of the topics will be?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Don't worry, new DIAD training starts Saturday....guess what one of the topics will be?
Orion first stop compliance?

The pros and cons of Diad Training

For UPS - If you hand a piece of paper with the training written down, half the people wouldn't sign it. Now with it on the Diad, you have to be signed in to do it so its basically an electronic signature that can be brought up at any discipline meeting.

For Us - The answer section is set up poorly (so slow that I hit an answer twice because I don't think it registered, then have to start over), the Hours of Service 10 question math test is a joke (you guys are smart, simplify it), and I love to code out my 10 minutes of training 8 minutes before I'm over 10 !!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The pros and cons of Diad Training

For UPS - If you hand a piece of paper with the training written down, half the people wouldn't sign it. Now with it on the Diad, you have to be signed in to do it so its basically an electronic signature that can be brought up at any discipline meeting.

For Us - The answer section is set up poorly (so slow that I hit an answer twice because I don't think it registered, then have to start over), the Hours of Service 10 question math test is a joke (you guys are smart, simplify it), and I love to code out my 10 minutes of training 8 minutes before I'm over 10 !!

It used to be that if you got a question wrong, primarily because you skipped through the text to get to the answers, that you could go back and correct it. Not any more.

I haven't seen anyone disciplined yet for failing a DIAD training quiz.

Box Ox

It used to be that if you got a question wrong, primarily because you skipped through the text to get to the answers, that you could go back and correct it. Not any more.

I haven't seen anyone disciplined yet for failing a DIAD training quiz.

Where I am, you have to get 100% correct to register as having completed the training. If you miss a question, you just restart the training and rapid click your way through the right answers.