Our contract and wages, the numbers

Should ups charge customers double the increase they gave employees while making record profits?

• Yea

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters

some1else

Banned
59DA9CBC-D24C-41C6-A4AB-210B28092FAA.jpeg

TL:DR under the current contract:

Ups rate has increased 27.5%
Inflation rate 19.8%
Pay raise 12.8%

I wonder what the customers would think knowing ups raised their rates 27.5 percent and less than half of that was given to their drivers? Kinda hard to cry poverty and greedy drivers to the public with that in mind.

UPS publishes a GRI (general rate increase) historically this has been 4.9% but recently as high as 6.9%. The “headline” GRI does not include things like fuel, delivery area, and large package surcharges which have all gone up. This number is basically Ups’s report card on itself trying to minimize increases the customer sees. That said since the contract was signed we have a

General rate increase 27.5%

Next official inflation rate as reported by the bureau labor statistics. This time we have a report card from the government on how much it has devalued our money. Most consider this under reported as well and all of us feel it in our pocket. Since the last contract was signed

Official inflation rate increase 19.8%

Finally our number, the pay rate increase since ratification of the contract in 2018

12.8%

Some of these aren’t exact due to how the years line up and a truck driver doing the math but it’s very close if anyone gets something different and shows me sources I will update accordingly.

some1else

Banned
Must be a contract year. The "experts" are posting again after being away for years.
Anything wrong in the post other than me being a long time member that dosnt post a lot? This reaction does not seem to be a good way to get more people to want to participate and vote on the contract.

542thruNthru

This reaction does not seem to be a good way to get more people to want to participate and vote on the contract.
If it takes your inflation post to get people to vote on our contract. We're already screwed.

Want to get people involved try doing it year round. Not just 4 months every 5 years.

Thebrownblob

Anything wrong in the post other than me being a long time member that dosnt post a lot? This reaction does not seem to be a good way to get more people to want to participate and vote on the contract.
The ugly truth is most people don’t pay one bit of attention. They might actually start paying attention July 30th if we don’t have a contract and then they’ll be saying, “why didn’t anybody give us updates?”

542thruNthru

542thruNthru

The ugly truth is most people don’t pay one bit of attention. They might actually start paying attention July 30th if we don’t have a contract and then they’ll be saying, “why didn’t anybody give us updates?”
Yeah but let's attack the hard hitting questions like why did UPS raise their rates 27% but only gave the drivers 12%.

I mean seriously... what will the customers think!

some1else

Banned
I don’t come on here often is this guy a demoralization shill paid to out down union members for the company or just trying to be funny?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I don’t think the customers could care less what the company pay us if they actively use us. They’re going to only care what they pay in shipping.

R1wonder

I don’t think customers think that at all, I think they assume ups raises rates due to costs of things such as gasoline , and anything else inflation has raised to operate . They don’t care about us