Our Dwindling Free Life Insurance

MassWineGuy

Has anyone else noticed over the last few years that our company-paid life insurance has gone from $25,000 to about $20,000? Now THAT’S showing how much they value us.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I like playing an ass hole, what's it like really being one?
5EFA04EB-6993-45A3-9C63-A0BB66858141.gif

Serf

Don’t have a wake, casket, funeral plot, head stone, embalmment. It’s all a scam that will cost you around 20-30k. Get cremated. Sit on a mantle, or spread in the ocean. Have a quite memorial mass if you’re religious.

floridays

Don’t have a wake, casket, funeral plot, head stone, embalmment. It’s all a scam that will cost you around 20-30k. Get cremated. Sit on a mantle, or spread in the ocean. Have a quite memorial mass if you’re religious.
Maybe some would do as you say and pass the remaining cash to a homeless illegal or climate control freak.

You know, the best of us.

Do what you want with the body you were given, beyond that, mind your own business.

bacha29

Life insurance is not for the deceased but rather for the well being of the surviving loved ones. They are the ones burdened with your funeral. Just remember, when you're dead you're dead for a long time.
This should all come as no surprise to X employees And you obviously can see who the driver of this action is. Multi route Ground contractors who provide nothing in the way of an employer funded benefit plan. Fat Freddy has obviously picked up on how little contractors can get people to work for and simply said...."if he can get away with it....so can I".

BTW. Good idea to check on the economic viability of the cemetery you want to be buried in. Many are little nonprofit cemetery associations whose income from endowments are limited to bank and CD interest what little there is. Finding somebody to mow and maintain the cemetery for next to nothing has become nearly impossible.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Has anyone else noticed over the last few years that our company-paid life insurance has gone from $25,000 to about $20,000? Now THAT’S showing how much they value us.
I don't know why anyone would care. It's free and it's something you hope to never need during your career. You should have much more than that on your own anyway.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don't know why anyone would care. It's free and it's something you hope to never need during your career. You should have much more than that on your own anyway.
Probably because Fedex, which used to have benefits on par with UPS, has been whittling away said benefits for years . That’s just another one.

bacha29

So tell us about the size of the death benefit of the life insurance Fat Freddy has on you. Given your irreplaceable value to him (lmao) it has to be at least 5 million.

McFeely

Huge Member

First, nobody should care about a benefit being whittled away.

But second, you actually should care and actually should have more of this thing you shouldn’t care about. And as such, you should pay for it out of pocket because the company doesn’t offer as much for zero cost to its employees.

Got it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
First, nobody should care about a benefit being whittled away.

But second, you actually should care and actually should have more of this thing you shouldn’t care about. And as such, you should pay for it out of pocket because the company doesn’t offer as much for zero cost to its employees.

Got it.
I’m curious why you think no one should care of benefits are being whittled away.

floridays

I don't know why anyone would care. It's free and it's something you hope to never need during your career
Nothing is free.

The premiums are a cost included in the total cost to employ a worker.

If the premiums weren't paid or decreased would the company add the difference to wages?

We know the answer is no.

It is a small expense, if dispensed that yields a greater dividend to the beneficiary than any wage increase if they did.

A vast number of employees are part-time and struggling to make their compensation provide for their basic needs.

I love your don't give a :poop: point of view.

@Operational needs, @McFeely, the bold is sarcasm.