Our new start time is 10:00

dvalleyjim

WTF? I have an 1 1/2 to my first stop, a 240 mile route with 80 stops and 4:00 pickups at the end of the route. Time to look elsewhere.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
WTF? I have an 1 1/2 to my first stop, a 240 mile route with 80 stops and 4:00 pickups at the end of the route. Time to look elsewhere.
WAD. Pure and simple. Failure at FedEx is the only foundation for change. However, based on what I'm seeing, just about everything here HAS that foundation. Thank the Lord I'm in my last year.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Less hours to do the same workload and the risk of late and/or missed pickups?

Sounds like a Fred move.

bacha29

I can just see you guys now pulling out at 10: AM in the middle of a driving snow storm and still be expected to get everything done. To that I would say,"in your dreams pal".

McFeely

Huge Member
They think if they start you later, that you will move faster to get off at the same time.

Our freight was 150 minutes late last Friday. I still managed to bang out about 115 stops once I left, but all we are hearing about is how we didn't make service on that Friday and how it really set us back this month on service.

How do you make ANY service (PO or SO biz) when you don't even get on road until 11am?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our freight was 150 minutes late last Friday. I still managed to bang out about 115 stops once I left, but all we are hearing about is how we didn't make service on that Friday and how it really set us back this month on service.

How do you make ANY service (PO or SO biz) when you don't even get on road until 11am?
I don't stress myself out when we have late freight. I move at the same pace. I don't get paid to worry. If we don't make service, that's management's problem, not mine. It's funny how they think we really care about their reports. The only numbers I care about are the ones on my paycheck.

McFeely

Huge Member
I don't stress myself out when we have late freight. I move at the same pace.

Ditto here. I just find it amazing that anybody in the company is trying to hold our station's couriers, managers, etc. accountable for service when freight was 2:30 late. They should be thrilled that the :censored2: got delivered anyway and our outbound got out on time.

Star B

White Lightening
Ditto here. I just find it amazing that anybody in the company is trying to hold our station's couriers, managers, etc. accountable for service when freight was 2:30 late.

Sounds like your senior needs a backbone. I know, senior manager and backbones are mutually incompatible....

I'm thankful that my senior and the local management team, as long as their not dealing with forced-flavor-of-the-memphis-month metrics, leave us alone and only hold us accountable for our own failures, not failures of the rest of the network.

Cactus

My god, do they think we really give rat's ass? These days freight is more late than than on time and Memphis does NOTHING about it except teach mangers how to whine to the couriers.

Ditto here. I just find it amazing that anybody in the company is trying to hold our station's couriers, managers, etc. accountable for service when freight was 2:30 late. They should be thrilled that the :censored2: got delivered anyway and our outbound got out on time.
Sounds like Matt Thornton turning the screws there. He just can't grasp the concept of late flight arrivals.

Purplepackage

My god, do they think we really give rat's ass? These days freight is more late than than on time and Memphis does NOTHING about it except teach mangers how to whine to the couriers.

Sounds like Matt Thornton turning the screws there. He just can't grasp the concept of late flight arrivals.

If you actually listen to them tell you it's your fault when freight is over 2 hours late you just need to tune it out.

Every choice this company makes is just more overtime in your pocket. (At least at my station).

bacha29

I don't stress myself out when we have late freight. I move at the same pace. I don't get paid to worry. If we don't make service, that's management's problem, not mine. It's funny how they think we really care about their reports. The only numbers I care about are the ones on my paycheck.
Right on. Don't forget to remind them that it's a management created problem that requires a management created solution.

Doc Sorting Dude

I have to tell you I don't envy being a CSA due to the angry calls they must be getting due to our many service failures. I just tell my manager I can only go as fast as I can safely do it. The leave building times are on the managers, and as soon as you hear "late freight" again our goal is to finish deliveries even if it takes an extra hour to do so. The repercussions of overtime is not our problem and I expect to see the fruits of my labor n my paycheck with no hassles.

I laugh when they say not to use the shuttles. No one in our area is willing to go all the way back to the station only to be told they need to go back out and finish the dels that are due. I wonder how Fedex handles all those guarantee refunds due to service failures? I have a feeling they'll come up with an "Act of God" than admit defeat.

Cactus

I have to tell you I don't envy being a CSA due to the angry calls they must be getting due to our many service failures. I just tell my manager I can only go as fast as I can safely do it. The leave building times are on the managers, and as soon as you hear "late freight" again our goal is to finish deliveries even if it takes an extra hour to do so. The repercussions of overtime is not our problem and I expect to see the fruits of my labor n my paycheck with no hassles.

I laugh when they say not to use the shuttles. No one in our area is willing to go all the way back to the station only to be told they need to go back out and finish the dels that are due. I wonder how Fedex handles all those guarantee refunds due to service failures? I have a feeling they'll come up with an "Act of God" than admit defeat.
From what I hear the agents are told to lie to customers to avoid refunds whatsoever.