Our ORION team is so arrogant and full of themselves it's hilarious

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We have an ORION team in our building getting ready to implement the system and they strut around like fat peacocks. The guy in charge of the team weighs at least 350 pounds,and I never fail to laugh about someone of this size who could never run 20 stops in the summer heat is in charge of telling US how we should do the job.
They DO NOT like questions about the system,and arent receptive at ALL to any comments made about how via the web and Social Media it can be found that the drivers forced to run ORION say it makes no sense and is a piece of garbage. We were told to 'ignore everything we have heard about ORION" lol they PROMISED us we'd LOVE this system, it was good for a laugh

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
We have an ORION team in our building getting ready to implement the system and they strut around like fat peacocks. The guy in charge of the team weighs at least 350 pounds,and I never fail to laugh about someone of this size who could never run 20 stops in the summer heat is in charge of telling US how we should do the job.
They DO NOT like questions about the system,and arent receptive at ALL to any comments made about how via the web and Social Media it can be found that the drivers forced to run ORION say it makes no sense and is a piece of garbage. We were told to 'ignore everything we have heard about ORION" lol they PROMISED us we'd LOVE this system, it was good for a laugh

We had a high level Orion sup come and give us a speech not too long ago. He started by saying "You are highly skilled highly paid drivers who are paid to make then right decision." He blabbed on for a while and then dropped this gem "ORION works an you are instructed to follow it so work as instructed. Dony do what you THINK you should do do what Orion tells you."

Riiiiight!

Our dispatcher did a tour on an Orion team for two months and then came right back to us because he was wanted back. We sent an on road a year ago who we haven't seen since.

Point is, of someone has done more than one tour on the Orion team that means they are not welcomed nor wanted back at their home centers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
when has UPS management has ever liked an hourly who questions anything? I despise this phrase, but ...but it is what it is. Keep your head down, mind shut off and do what you are told. ;D

F

FrigidAdCorrector

We had some trouble when we first got Orion, but quite honestly I haven't heard a bad thing from a driver about it since the team left.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
We had some trouble when we first got Orion, but quite honestly I haven't heard a bad thing from a driver about it since the team left.

Then not one of your drivers goes out with a full truck. I have yet this year have a truck I could walk through before noon, even on 8 hour days! Orion CAN NOT be followed in a full truck! I get EDD then the very next thing I do is turn it off!

When they come at me in the morning I point to a bank it has me delivering to at 6:30 that night or ask them to grab a package PAL'd to 4900 which is my first stop and the conversation ends right there and then.

OPTION3

Then not one of your drivers goes out with a full truck. I have yet this year have a truck I could walk through before noon, even on 8 hour days! Orion CAN NOT be followed in a full truck! I get EDD then the very next thing I do is turn it off!

When they come at me in the morning I point to a bank it has me delivering to at 6:30 that night or ask them to grab a package PAL'd to 4900 which is my first stop and the conversation ends right there and then.
Don't sweat him......he works in Clarksville with DAVE.....rainbows and unicorns

Indecisi0n

I love when fat guys get in the jump seat. I tell them I am not squeezing around them with their legs to the side and make them get in/out of the car as much as I do. I love making them sweat.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

All of our trucks are full. It's not that you can't. You just refuse to.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
All of our trucks are full. It's not that you can't. You just refuse to.
Yup, I refuse to climb over bulk, and deliver 8100 stops after or during my air. Its not safe and damages packages. Set it up to get the bulk out first and I will follow it until I am going to fail. Miles should not matter when it comes to safety and service.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to drive by commercial stops to make that all important first residential stop "The Solution" planned. I now hit twenty stoplights instead of five just trying to get to my area now to save a couple of miles. I'm clocking out later now to save a few miles. Paying me more overtime to save a gallon of diesel makes a lot of sense.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to drive by commercial stops to make that all important first residential stop "The Solution" planned. I now hit twenty stoplights instead of five just trying to get to my area now to save a couple of miles. I'm clocking out later now to save a few miles. Paying me more overtime to save a gallon of diesel makes a lot of sense.
I forget, I now hit 22 or 28 stoplights to get to my first stop. Driving through a downtown area full of college kids, on their phone, and other idiots walking around, lawyers and such. Instead of jumping on a freeway to my first stop. Makes total sense to me.