Our ORION team is so arrogant and full of themselves it's hilarious

Wizzy

We had some trouble when we first got Orion, but quite honestly I haven't heard a bad thing from a driver about it since the team left.

Because we have been told to be 90% effective so we do what we can but if in a jam even the sups say shut it off. That's why they have the RDO button-real world delivery order

ManInBrown

To this day I'm still amazed how Orion actually causes more left hand turns then necessary. It encourages left hand turns all day. It will have you drive past a street that would be a right turn, only to have you service that same street later on while making a left turn. It's mind boggling. Also how it will have you drive right past a house on the side of the street you are on, only to have you service that stop later on by being on the wrong side of the street. WAD. Orion compliance up, Paycheck and 401K up. It's just annoying at the end of a long week. Mondays, who cares. Friday's I'm cursing up a storm.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Yup, I refuse to climb over bulk, and deliver 8100 stops after or during my air. Its not safe and damages packages. Set it up to get the bulk out first and I will follow it until I am going to fail. Miles should not matter when it comes to safety and service.
It's not designed to get bulk out. It's designed to save miles. Which, at least in my center, it has done.
Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to drive by commercial stops to make that all important first residential stop "The Solution" planned. I now hit twenty stoplights instead of five just trying to get to my area now to save a couple of miles. I'm clocking out later now to save a few miles. Paying me more overtime to save a gallon of diesel makes a lot of sense.
Are you actually complaining about making more money? I'll work an extra 30 minutes every day at 50 bucks an hour.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
True story im a tell here. We had Orion come in and im only estimating this, they were at our center for a month and a half to 2 months max. They came in and tried to put it in on some routes and some routes do have it but drivers arent running it by the Orion because it is quote in quote" IN TRIAL STAGE". Well they got to the point where the DOL'S and loops were so freaked up that they left our center because they said it wouldnt work. The reason they said they stopped is because it wont work until the DOL'S and the whole building has to be relooped. How funny is that? These idiots played their shadyasczz games for years getting away with not putting enough routes in and totally destroying the loops,DOL'S, and dispatch that they couldnt even put the Orion in thouroughly and completely. The Orion people were so pissed off loL. They were pretty cool when they came in here though. The funny thing is that they would ask the drivers how long they have been playing this game and said they cant do nothing with the total garbage and them totally destroying everything lmfao. They asked us how the hell do we run the routes with everything being so screwed up? We told them we guess were so used to everything being like poop you get used to it lmfao. So supposedly right now their relooping the whole center right now. Is Orion coming back to our center? Dont really know to be honest with ya lol.

tourists24

It's not designed to get bulk out. It's designed to save miles. Which, at least in my center, it has done.

Are you actually complaining about making more money? I'll work an extra 30 minutes every day at 50 bucks an hour.
Its designed to save miles.... so very correct... no matter how much longer it takes. Which is stupid if you truly want a driver to unload the middle of the truck just for that sake. An yes he is actually complaining about the extra money when he knows he can do it his way to get done and go home 30 minutes sooner and not save 3 miles

tourists24

True story im a tell here. We had Orion come in and im only estimating this, they were at our center for a month and a half to 2 months max. They came in and tried to put it in on some routes and some routes do have it but drivers arent running it by the Orion because it is quote in quote" IN TRIAL STAGE". Well they got to the point where the DOL'S and loops were so freaked up that they left our center because they said it wouldnt work. The reason they said they stopped is because it wont work until the DOL'S and the whole building has to be relooped. How funny is that? These idiots played their shadyasczz games for years getting away with not putting enough routes in and totally destroying the loops,DOL'S, and dispatch that they couldnt even put the Orion in thouroughly and completely. The Orion people were so :censored2: off loL. They were pretty cool when they came in here though. The funny thing is that they would ask the drivers how long they have been playing this game and said they cant do nothing with the total garbage and them totally destroying everything lmfao. They asked us how the hell do we run the routes with everything being so screwed up? We told them we guess were so used to everything being like poop you get used to it lmfao. So supposedly right now their relooping the whole center right now. Is Orion coming back to our center? Dont really know to be honest with ya lol.
Which reminds me of yet another factor ORION doesn't consider. That centers will fix the issues with loops and routes to optimize the system. Then you have center manager's getting dictated that they must run 75 routes when they may in realville need 82. It causes dispatchers to piece together their routes any way possible to hit stops per car

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Which reminds me of yet another factor ORION doesn't consider. That centers will fix the issues with loops and routes to optimize the system. Then you have center manager's getting dictated that they must run 75 routes when they may in realville need 82. It causes dispatchers to piece together their routes any way possible to hit stops per car
Exactly dude, we all know how their shady COVER UP GAME works lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1432415792.933547.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

I gotcha, but doesnt it make more sense to use a mile or two to make it safe?

Overpaid Union Thug

I have only "beat" the ORION miles twice since it's inception. I run anywhere between 50 to 150 over the plan everyday since inception. I haven't changed my speed or methods since inception. It boggles my mind....for a brief moment then I just laugh and don't care anymore.

kingOFchester

Orion is built using UPS time standards. UPS time standards are calculated to the seconds. Time standards that are way off to begin with. The only way the current ORION algorithm could work, would be if everything worked according to UPS time standards. Zero is calculated in for traffic, occupied docks, detours, school buses, slow to answer and the like. Same is true for the rare occurrence that a driver may actually be ahead of the plan.

Either way, who gives a :censored2:.

Tough Guy

Maybe in the summer and when it's light out til 7:00 i don't mind that so much. But in the winter, when it's dark at 4:00, I want to be off the road asap. Especially some of the areas I deliver to, very busy main roads with little to no shoulder, or houses that sit way back, that Orion often wants me to do last.

You can keep the extra money during that time of year.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
All of our trucks are full. It's not that you can't. You just refuse to.

And right there ladies and gentlemen is what has become a cancer in our company. A 10 year vet driver says with 100% accuracy why something does not work and this :censored2: with absolutely 0 knowledge says its not the truth just because he says so! The "yes" culture with absolutely no thought process involved which is totally at odds with reality has become the norm to the detriment of service to our customers.

Frigidazz, you do not know what you are talking about!