Our ORION team is so arrogant and full of themselves it's hilarious

Overpaid Union Thug

"First stop compliance" is a joke. A total day-ruiner, which is why 60% of our drivers do not comply. Spending 5 minutes shifting around and digging through the back of the car for an envelope is asinine, I don't care how much money it saves on a spreadsheet. Worse yet, when you get to the stop and can't find the package after 10 minutes of rummaging.
Here breaking trace on the first stop gets you a warning letter unless you get approval first.

tracker2762

"First stop compliance" is a joke. A total day-ruiner, which is why 60% of our drivers do not comply. Spending 5 minutes shifting around and digging through the back of the car for an envelope is asinine, I don't care how much money it saves on a spreadsheet. Worse yet, when you get to the stop and can't find the package after 10 minutes of rummaging.

What's worse is your first stop is a misloaded on another pc

O

OLDMAN3

Has anyone actually received a warning letter for first stop non-compliance when doing a different stop first would make more sense? Or is this a case of management spreading the rumor that you will receive a letter?

watdaflock?

Because as bad as ORION is, it's a total failure if you car is brick loaded back to front.

I wonder if management will ever quit cutting routes....every time we are lighter (as a center) a few particular drivers get screwed and their pc's are loaded back to front like rb1 mentioned.

Overpaid Union Thug

Has anyone actually received a warning letter for first stop non-compliance when doing a different stop first would make more sense? Or is this a case of management spreading the rumor that you will receive a letter?
No but others in my center have. If we let our supervisor know beforehand they will sometimes tell us to do it however we think it should be done. Sometimes they say just do what ORION says.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
I will say it once more. Corporate will walk into the stockholders meeting showing the millions of dollars saved in fuel by this "marvelous " system then produce the numbers showing the greedy teamster drivers stealing millions from the overtime they are being paid, even though you go less miles every day

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Here breaking trace on the first stop gets you a warning letter unless you get approval first.
Easy to get around. Drive to first stop, open bulk head door, smoke a ciggy, close bulk head door, turn off Orion, deliver route. Why didn't you deliver your first stop? I couldn't locate it, on wrong shelf, knew I had to come back so Orion wouldn't work today. Want me to follow it? Then load the package car stop for stop per HIN numbers and I'll try.

Overpaid Union Thug

Easy to get around. Drive to first stop, open bulk head door, smoke a ciggy, close bulk head door, turn off Orion, deliver route. Why didn't you deliver your first stop? I couldn't locate it, on wrong shelf, knew I had to come back so Orion wouldn't work today. Want me to follow it? Then load the package car stop for stop per HIN numbers and I'll try.
I could do that but sometimes that would involve driving waaaaaaay past the area where my first stop(s) should be. I'd rather try and get cleared to do that area first then waste time driving past them for nothing. And I actually have been sent to my first stop (that shouldn't have been first) and couldn't find it. Last time it was because it was buried in a bulk stop that should have been delivered first.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

I could do that but sometimes that would involve driving waaaaaaay past the area where my first stop(s) should be. I'd rather try and get cleared to do that area first then waste time driving past them for nothing. And I actually have sent to my first stop (that shouldn't have been first) and couldn't find it.
The package or the stop?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ah dude you make me laugh!!!!

TG43

I don't understand why trucks aren't loaded by Orion order if they really want us to go by Orion? It would obviously make Orion look waay better.

In my center, I've never heard a word from anyone about the first stop rule btw.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I don't understand why trucks aren't loaded by Orion order if they really want us to go by Orion? It would obviously make Orion look waay better.

In my center, I've never heard a word from anyone about the first stop rule btw.

Orion waits till each package is scanned until it comes up with its solution.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had a good laugh. The guy that covered my route was 1.99 late, 30 miles over and did 13.5 sph. Im not saying anything bad about him, btw, they told him no one does good on it. And no one does good on it with or without Orion. I took a picture of the OR report, and he told me, feel free to use that anytime they tell you, that you need to do 16-17 ph. Love my buddies. They always leave me alone for awhile after a younger guy does my route and cant do it any better.