Our Saturdays now belong to UPS

TheKid

Um, if the thread author requests his/her 8 hours of pay and there is only 4 hours of AM air work on Saturday, that is called sticking it to the company. Dress it up however you like, "it is what it is"

If he/she is a full time employee on a T-S workweek. He is guaranteed 40 hrs.....not 36. I do not see where that is dressing anything up.

island1fox

If he/she is a full time employee on a T-S workweek. He is guaranteed 40 hrs.....not 36. I do not see where that is dressing anything up.

Kid,
Bubblehead originally made the execellent point of ground work. If ups in some areas wanted to have a permanent tues thru sat dispatch -they could easily build Saturday air and ground loads --with key customers that work on saturday that would truly love their monday delivery --on saturday. Also get rid on any remaining "two trip" monday loads.

chopstic

While it`s commendable to have a good attendance record you`ll find that it means nothing other than something you have pride in. Whatever is truly important in your life should take precedence.

That being said I would grieve the practice in which this has been handled. Plus I`d let them know now that there is no maybe on the fact that you wont be in on that Saturday.

Agreed. There isn't any reward whatsoever for keeping a perfect attendance record except of course for your own satisfaction. But you have to ask yourself what will really bring you more satisfaction, a perfect attendance record or memorable night out with someone. Since you aren't in any danger of any danger of reaching disciplinary progression... why not just take this one day off?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you work Saturday and request 8 hours, and there is for example 5 hours of air work, requesting your 8 hours, in the eyes of the company, certainly is sticking it to them. They wil want you off the clock at 37 hours. Just playing devils advocate, that was the point. I am not saying that a full-time employee is not garaunteed 40 hours. When I want 40 hours I get it, do not care what the company has to say about it.