OUR SHOP STEWARDS ARE INEFFECTIVE!!!! HELP HELP HELP!!!!!

FEDUPZE

Our union is central florida and we have problems with our shop stewards. They are not available to its members and they are not interested in its dues paying brothers but only in lining their own pockets with grievance money. The stewards are only interested in filing for themselves. Whenever a fellow brother approaches said steward for help in filing for a contract violation they are vague or ignore the situation and run away all together. What can our local do? We are desperate! We need help with enforcing the contract. It would seem the stewards are being allowed by management to max out their own hours in exchange for keeping the members grievances down or non existent. What can we do? Is there a resource for helping dues paying members in writing grievances in order for the company to uphold the contract?...PLEASE HELP IF YOU HAVE KNOWLEDGE! THANK YOU BROTHERS!!!!

FEDUPZE

Why would I find a new job? I love my job and try to the best I can. However, I feel the contract should be enforced. With no idea on how to write up a comprehensive greivance I am at a loss. Why can't the local post form letter greivances for its members to help enforce the contract and promote solidarity. Is there a website to help us formulate greivances to uphold the contract???

Island

What I'm saying is that when you are caught in between a bad local and bad management, it is far better for your health to just get out of the situation. Putting yourself in between two tectonic plates and saying your contractual rights protect you are not going to stop those plates from rubbing together and dropping a mountain range on you. This has been my experience in my local, where the local leadership is as skilled in falsifying records as management is, but I haven't been able to get out because our job market is trashed. I hope you have better luck than me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why would I find a new job? I love my job and try to the best I can. However, I feel the contract should be enforced. With no idea on how to write up a comprehensive greivance I am at a loss. Why can't the local post form letter greivances for its members to help enforce the contract and promote solidarity. Is there a website to help us formulate greivances to uphold the contract???
What I'm saying is that when you are caught in between a bad local and bad management, it is far better for your health to just get out of the situation. Putting yourself in between two tectonic plates and saying your contractual rights protect you are not going to stop those plates from rubbing together and dropping a mountain range on you. This has been my experience in my local, where the local leadership is as skilled in falsifying records as management is, but I haven't been able to get out because our job market is trashed. I hope you have better luck than me.
What he is saying is that no man is an Island.