Out of hours before my scheduled last day of the week.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I love how I literally do this one time an you guys have me pegged. I’m a 14 year driver who’s usually overallowed 2.5 hours. And I see and opportunity (prob the only time I’ll have the chance) to game the system and I’m a runner gunner. I used the methods (as I always do) and had a 1/2 empty truck that was in perfect order with no air. I didn’t run, I NEVER run, I NEVER use the drivers side door. I however did keep a brisk pace the entire 4 hours I was on road, instead of my traditional dgaf walking pace. Final result: 60.00 hours worked over 6 days, 9.48 guarantee pay, and 1.11 bonus.
Once a runner gunner, always a runner gunner.

Once a runner gunner, always a runner gunner.
When was I ever? It’s like it doesn’t matter what forums you go to on the Internet. people are just gonna pick on you because their Internet bullies. you guys just throw insults and try to belittle me and be passive aggressive. you can’t just admit that I’m right here or that maybe it’s just a difference of opinion. you got to go with the name calling.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
giphy.gif

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
When was I ever? It’s like it doesn’t matter what forums you go to on the Internet. people are just gonna pick on you because their Internet bullies. you guys just throw insults and try to belittle me and be passive aggressive. you can’t just admit that I’m right here or that maybe it’s just a difference of opinion. you got to go with the name calling.
Chill out it’s a public forum. Don’t have emotions and come on here read one thing and your feelings get hurt. Learn to not care what other think or say.

Also I do not apologize

UPSER1987

I love how I literally do this one time an you guys have me pegged. I’m a 14 year driver who’s usually overallowed 2.5 hours. And I see and opportunity (prob the only time I’ll have the chance) to game the system and I’m a runner gunner. I used the methods (as I always do) and had a 1/2 empty truck that was in perfect order with no air. I didn’t run, I NEVER run, I NEVER use the drivers side door. I however did keep a brisk pace the entire 4 hours I was on road, instead of my traditional dgaf walking pace. Final result: 60.00 hours worked over 6 days, 9.48 guarantee pay, and 1.11 bonus.
Only workforce where one apologizes for trying to do a good job. And we wonder why people think UPS sucks.

SLW

Hey all. I’m a Tuesday through Saturday full time driver. They asked me to come in on Monday to help out which I did, on Friday I’ll run out of hours at 3:30. What does this mean for my Saturday? I’m on the schedule for Saturday. So if I report to work and technically have like 15 minutes available (as they keep a buffer so you don’t accidentally go over). I could just go code 6 and get My guaranteed hours for showing up If I want to work the system and maximize my paycheck.
I basically came here for the same question except I'm a 22.4 and also I don't want to maximize my paycheck I just want the day off.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Hey all. I’m a Tuesday through Saturday full time driver. They asked me to come in on Monday to help out which I did, on Friday I’ll run out of hours at 3:30. What does this mean for my Saturday? I’m on the schedule for Saturday. So if I report to work and technically have like 15 minutes available (as they keep a buffer so you don’t accidentally go over). I could just go code 6 and get My guaranteed hours for showing up If I want to work the system and maximize my paycheck.
When that happened to us , it was our responsibility to let dispatch ( feeder ) know that we did not have hours to work.

no problem.

542thruNthru

I basically came here for the same question except I'm a 22.4 and also I don't want to maximize my paycheck I just want the day off.
As of right now you are not required to drive over 60 hours. If you have only 1 hour or so left after Friday. I'd inform your management team that you will not be going over 60 hours. If they tell you to come in then you come in. Its your scheduled work day.

LagunaBrown

Here if you are a T-S employe then Monday is your 7th day and that Is paid at double time so that is usually is a deterrent. It really depends on area language, workday workweek, cover drivers, LOA, 70 hour rule and other COVID-19 agreements like PVD’s. Not everyone is covered under the same contracts or LOA.