Out of Sight and Weather!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When our local AFB was still open it was not uncommon for us to DR packages by putting them on top of the trash cans in the shed. Every once in a while the trash guys would mistakenly take them.

I have DR'd in cars, trucks, BBQ's, sheds, under decks, etc. My most unusual DR location was in a tree house.

It sounds to me as though the driver was trying to do the right thing but didn't think it through.

One trick when hiding a package in such a place is to move it to someplace out of the ordinary that will make the homeowner question it and do a little brainwork.

Johney

I left a package one time in an open garage by the door going into the house.Just so happened to be where the resident put their recycle bins. I put it down on top corner of the bin leaning on the wall. Small box, DR garage. Thought no way will they miss it. A week later I get a follow-up. Now I know it has to be the one I left as there was none before that or after. So I'm thinking how in the hell are they claiming they didn't get it? Make contact with the customer and it's an old gentleman. I explained where I left it he says Oh no! I thought that was recycling and pushed it into the bin. So I guess someone at the recycling plant got an $850 diamond necklace.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
These comments were posted in the comments section of the article, I really did LOl
Mark Howard
December 13, 2013 at 12:20 pm
Our house they deliver at 7:00 at night,have never seen such late night delivery before.

Michelle K. Sublett
December 14, 2013 at 1:10 am
Pam, you are correct in stating that not all UPS drivers are good. There are some good ones out there but …. Like you, I am disabled. Our driver (when they actually come to the right door) will knock once and be back in the truck driving away before I can hardly even get to the door! It’s like they are racing something.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I left a package one time in an open garage by the door going into the house.Just so happened to be where the resident put their recycle bins. I put it down on top corner of the bin leaning on the wall. Small box, DR garage. Thought no way will they miss it. A week later I get a follow-up. Now I know it has to be the one I left as there was none before that or after. So I'm thinking how in the hell are they claiming they didn't get it? Make contact with the customer and it's an old gentleman. I explained where I left it he says Oh no! I thought that was recycling and pushed it into the bin. So I guess someone at the recycling plant got an $850 diamond necklace.

Did he sign off on the DFU?

wayfair

swollen member
bumpin this up for the thread starters that don't look past pg 1
ah, that's what happened to my post! what if driver delivered the day/night before, left note, then she woke up the next day to open door and discover notice??...?? was out til 9pm the other day...

Marne Vet

I work in a pretty bad area. I've had numerous "denial of signatures", and I've had to be a little crafty to get the DFU's signed off on. One lady I delivered to was getting a box from Movado. I saw this, and commented on it when she answered the door. I said "Movado? They make nice watches" She said "I got my husband a 1200 watch for his birthday! He'll be so happy!" I guess he wasn't happy with the credit card bill later, so a few weeks go by and I get a denial of signature. I knock, and the same lady answers the door. I say "Hi ma'am, I'm just doing a follow-up on the Movado watch I delivered here back on so-and-so date" She says right to my face "I never go it. That's not my signature". I then tell her "I had a conversation with you about how much the watch cost, and you told me $1200. Oh, look here, what a coincidence. That's exactly how much this tracer is for, and you did sign for this. You can sign off that you got the watch, or never get another package from UPS. Your choice" She was madder than Hell, but there was NO way I was letting her get a $1200 refund from UPS when I know she got it. She refused to sign, so I went to LP and told them exactly what happened. She never got the money, and coincidentally every package she ordered always got refused. Must've been that "other" lady refusing all of her stuff. Oh well.

When people try to say they didn't get their new phone that I DR'd, I'll call the number on the tracer and see if they answer. Soon as they do I'll tell them who I am and that I need them to sign-off on the tracer. Soon as they answer the door I'll call the same phone. Many times it's on them. I'll say "In order for me to verify you didn't get your new phone, I need to check the one you're using to see if the serial numbers don't match" So far I have 100% success rate in the hood for positive DFU's concerning cell phones. Scammers aren't very smart. :)

wayfair

swollen member
had a customer tell me that his wife didn't sign for the $750 pair of shoes, even though I had copies of her signature at time of delivery... months later he told me it was delivered to his neighbor.... a muffler shop or a 120 unit apt complex..... uh huhh

Marne Vet

had a customer tell me that his wife didn't sign for the $750 pair of shoes, even though I had copies of her signature at time of delivery... months later he told me it was delivered to his neighbor.... a muffler shop or a 120 unit apt complex..... uh huhh

One lady last year was adament that she didn't get her packages. I watched my helper hand them to her a few days early. I know her because she's one of the angriest customers I have on that street. So she's going on and on about how she didn't get the packages, so we called a vendor to stop by. Retired Police officer. He takes out his badge and hangs it around his neck. BAM! All of a sudden she remembered where they were, and that she must've made a "mistake". She gets soft knocks now, and a lot of NI3's. I hate these kind of people. I don't consider them customers. They're just criminals trying to get over on us.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One lady last year was adament that she didn't get her packages. I watched my helper hand them to her a few days early. I know her because she's one of the angriest customers I have on that street. So she's going on and on about how she didn't get the packages, so we called a vendor to stop by. Retired Police officer. He takes out his badge and hangs it around his neck. BAM! All of a sudden she remembered where they were, and that she must've made a "mistake". She gets soft knocks now, and a lot of NI3's. I hate these kind of people. I don't consider them customers. They're just criminals trying to get over on us.

Why are you going through all this trouble? First thing you say is ok if you didn't get it we will have send the police over to file a report and make sure its not here. Works everytime.