Out to pasture...

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
No bills. New house, truck, and car. Spending every dime of the SS and Pension. Healthy. Yard is perfect. Wife and kids all good.
I'm grateful and thankful, and I think I'm going out of my mind.
I look at Jagger with amazement. How can you be 79 and still sing Satisfaction for the millionth time like it's your first time?
I watched my father in law after he retired sit in a lazy boy for 35 years staring at a TV before he died. I don't know how he did it.
I'm blowing leaves off the driveway today and the brown truck goes by.
The invisible man syndrome hit me hard today.

BrownFlush

Buy yourself a motorcycle. It keeps your mind sharp dodging idiots.
I'm thinking a long road trip. By myself. Wife isn't well enough and she wants me to go for it. Says I need the re-set.
Seeing people I know and knew way back that are spread out all over the country and checking out the places I've never seen.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've taken a couple 4 or 5 day fishing trips and a 2 week dirt track racing trip without the wife just about every year for the last 30-35 years. It does wonders for the soul. My wife takes her "girl" trips also. Every once in awhile we take a trip together.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I retired a year ago and I feel like my life has only just BEGUN!
Find something you like doing,and do that every day!

BrownFlush

I retired a year ago and I feel like my life has only just BEGUN!
Find something you like doing,and do that every day!
Ahhhhhhh that first year. Nothing like it. Enjoy that feeling.
I got 5 -7 years of that feeling.
In retirement, as well as all things in life, things change. Adapting to it has always been the key, I guess. Somedays are like, what the hell, where did my mojo go?

Shiftless

Congrats on the retirement!

My thoughts are>>>>> YOU STOP? YOU DROP!

Choices! You Have Choices like you have never had before!

Stay Busy! ME? Between Family, I shove a lot of Motorcycling, Hot Rods and going camping in, get my drift?
(Travelling out of the country has slowed down a bunch tho due to the china virus BS)

Like Rod and others have shared, do things with your Wife, with your Family and do things with out them for balance.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ahhhhhhh that first year. Nothing like it. Enjoy that feeling.
I got 5 -7 years of that feeling.
In retirement, as well as all things in life, things change. Adapting to it has always been the key, I guess. Somedays are like, what the hell, where did my mojo go?
If I were to ever have those thoughts
I think about the days of its 8:00 at night temperature is getting close to zero wind is howling and it’s snowing sideways plus I’am 75 miles from the building in a pos p500 that the heater is useless

Then I think whatever it is I’am doing now is better than that

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Only 18 months into it, still enjoying not planning my life around UPS. I drive by my old building all the time and just think "Thank god I'm outta that ****hole". I work out 2+ hours a day on average, some days that's all I do and that's fine with me. When the weather's nice we go hiking in the Shenandoah or go into DC and wander around. Sometimes we take little road trips and spend the night. Maybe after 5-7 years I'll get bored but I doubt it, right now it just feels awesome.

Shiftless

There ain't enough hours in the day to really enjoy retirement. Don't know how I ever got anything done while working.
I found out early its about pacing yourself. We are so groomed to work with a sense of urgency (Ya right) and now that we are retired we have to use our choices to maximize our daily events. Sometimes Less is More.

Todays choice was: go motorcycling with some buddies. Which I rarely ever/ever pass up.

OR

Work on one of my Hot Rods for a few hours then clean up and grab one of my other rides and go to lunch with some buddies to HRF (Hot Rod Friday) lunch. Usually this time of year 12 to 15 guys show up. GOOD TIMEs.

Todays winner is:
The 57 Ranchero gets to do a few burps thru the gears>> YEE HA

Man ya gotta Love Choices

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
There ain't enough hours in the day to really enjoy retirement. Don't know how I ever got anything done while working.
This is so true. I ask this all the time. I used to work about 55 hours a week. another 10 hours a week with commuting. but had time to do every thing else that now seems like I cant find time for.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No bills. New house, truck, and car. Spending every dime of the SS and Pension. Healthy. Yard is perfect. Wife and kids all good.
I look at Jagger with amazement. How can you be 79 and still sing Satisfaction for the millionth time like it's your first time?
I watched my father in law after he retired sit in a lazy boy for 35 years staring at a TV before he died. I don't know how he did it.
I look forward to joining you in this awesome sounding club in a few years!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
When you look back now that you’re retired, at what point in your career did the years just start flying by??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Only 18 months into it, still enjoying not planning my life around UPS. I drive by my old building all the time and just think "Thank god I'm outta that ****hole". I work out 2+ hours a day on average, some days that's all I do and that's fine with me. When the weather's nice we go hiking in the Shenandoah or go into DC and wander around. Sometimes we take little road trips and spend the night. Maybe after 5-7 years I'll get bored but I doubt it, right now it just feels awesome.
What age did you retire at Jones?

BrownFlush

When you look back now that you’re retired, at what point in your career did the years just start flying by??
Probably when all 3 of the kids were in school. Each one into everything all the time at different times. Got the oldest out of HS, the next one was a 10th grader. Got him out, the next, 10th grade. Fooling with college and their career and life choices, work, etc. When the nest became empty, getting closer to retirement happened and it really slowed down until the day.
I have to say, there has been no time, fly, like retirement time.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
54, as soon as I had 25 years.
This is the way… you just dont know what’s going to happen… we’ve had drivers in pkg and feeder retire and a year later they were gone. One was still officially on the books but taking all his vacation and died..didn’t even collect his first retirement check.