Out w/Injury, Missed My Vacation:?

MassWineGuy

Last week was one of my vacation weeks, but I broke my wrist on the job and couldn’t travel. Someone at FedEx who is involved with my medical leave told me that I don’t lose that week, I could reschedule it.

Does anyone know about this, how it works, is there some deadline to meet, etc.?

Thanks.

Signed,
Don’t Call Me Lefty

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Last week was one of my vacation weeks, but I broke my wrist on the job and couldn’t travel. Someone at FedEx who is involved with my medical leave told me that I don’t lose that week, I could reschedule it.

Does anyone know about this, how it works, is there some deadline to meet, etc.?

Thanks.

Signed,
Don’t Call Me Lefty
How long is your doctor saying you’ll be out?

MassWineGuy

Could be another 3 to 5 weeks. I’ve already been out for three. It depends on how the X rays look and how my wrist feels. I can’t bear much weight on it at the moment.

I don’t want to lose my route so I hope I’m back by 45 days. Although, they didn’t take it away when I had lymphoma, and that was a few months.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Thanks.

Signed,
Don’t Call Me Lefty

Why couldn't you travel?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Could be another 3 to 5 weeks. I’ve already been out for three. It depends on how the X rays look and how my wrist feels. I can’t bear much weight on it at the moment.

I don’t want to lose my route so I hope I’m back by 45 days. Although, they didn’t take it away when I had lymphoma, and that was a few months.
You won’t lose the week. Call your manager and tell him/her you want to reschedule it. He probably can’t schedule it until you come back though because you’re not in the system under him right now.

It will be fine

Do they let you guys drive with a runner as light duty while you heal?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Thanks.

Signed,
Don’t Call Me Lefty

You've got the person who is involved with your medical leave. Why are you wasting time asking here when you've already got someone who knows?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The specifics of this case don't make the policy any better. It's certainly debatable if one could safely drive with one hand, it's easy to put one of those spinner knobs on the wheel.
Oh that’s just a HUGE no-no to make any modifications (temporary or otherwise) to a company vehicle in any way that isn’t FedEx regulation.

MassWineGuy

I can just see my manager explaining to district hq after a collision that she thought it was fine for me to drive. “He only had a broken wrist.”

59: I know how foolish it is to think that company policy might sometimes not be known or followed at every station. I just want to be sure on this. Call me cynical.