Outside drive hires

So currently I'm working preload in a medium center. I'm holding out to be a driver, and still have a few years until I could be a driver (I'm only 19). But there's at least 15 people in front of me on the driver bid. So I was wondering if a different center is hiring from outside, could I get hired there without having to transfer? Because my center manager does not like to transfer. Any help would be approached!

MendozaJ

You have to be 21 anyway so be patient. It's a minimum two year wait either way. At least when you name is called, you'll have a few years' seniority under your belt.

PT Car Washer

So currently I'm working preload in a medium center. I'm holding out to be a driver, and still have a few years until I could be a driver (I'm only 19). But there's at least 15 people in front of me on the driver bid. So I was wondering if a different center is hiring from outside, could I get hired there without having to transfer? Because my center manager does not like to transfer. Any help would be approached!
Just because there are 15 names ahead of you does not mean all 15 can pre qualify. What I mean is drive a stick shift, have the correct type of drivers license, have a good driving record and of course those that sign everything and then change their mind at the last minute. Hang in there and stay clean, get the correct license and learn to drive a stick shift.

Box Ox

You're 19.

Too early to slap on the golden handcuffs

That'd be my first thought. But then again, I wish I'd started at 19 instead of having gone through all that extra schooling only to discover UPS was the way to go. And, the ability to go 30 and out by age 50ish? Awesome.