Outside hire vacation time lost?

fattybrown

I have 10 years with the company as of September. I recently got an outside hire from being a pt sup in May. I relocated for the promotion.

I took one week of vacation before going to class because that was all I had accumulated before the switch.

Supposed to get my fourth week this year for 10 yr milestone.

Hr is telling me that I will not get any more time this year and nothing was mentioned about paying me for the the other weeks.

Anyone else experienced this? Any insight would be helpful in pleading my case to hr.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So you were a PT sup for 10 years. You technically quit and were hired as an off the street hire for.a driver position at a different building...is that what happened? If so, I don't know for sure...but I would assume....wave bye bye to your vacation, you're starting from scratch again.

fattybrown

HR approached me because they had to fill the spot at my new building. They knew I wanted it at my building I guess is why they asked me.

Basically I transferred as the outside hire.

I never quit I still have the same hire date. Just a later building seniority.

I'm still getting 3 weeks and an option next year.

UPSGUY72

HR approached me because they had to fill the spot at my new building. They knew I wanted it at my building I guess is why they asked me.

Basically I transferred as the outside hire.

I never quit I still have the same hire date. Just a later building seniority.

I'm still getting 3 weeks and an option next year.

Your right you keep the amount of vacation time but you should be the last person to be able to pick vacation.

UPSGUY72

The OP is not a Union member. He is an off the street hire in another building. New hire.

He would be considered a off the street hire however since he worked for UPS before you would still get to keep his years of service vacation time. SO he would be starting over in another building but still have 3 week of vacation to pick depending on how the building picks vacation most likely would be one of or the last Driver to be allowed to pick vacation mean he would get some of the worst weeks off.

PT Car Washer

I am assuming the OP had to resign his PT management position and reapply as a Union position in a another location. How can he carry his former seniority as PT sup with him to a Union position?

fattybrown

I guess because I didn't quit the company. Just changed jobs which is why I feel as if they should pay me for my vacation time I should have gotten.

Fragile

He would be considered a off the street hire however since he worked for UPS before you would still get to keep his years of service vacation time. SO he would be starting over in another building but still have 3 week of vacation to pick depending on how the building picks vacation most likely would be one of or the last Driver to be allowed to pick vacation mean he would get some of the worst weeks off.

Around here they don't keep anything.

If you go PT Sup to union, you loose all your time and it works exactly the same way as if you are outside hire.