Outta Here!

After 10 years of abuse at Express, my time has come. I have been a part time a.m and p.m. courier that has worked full time hours, a swing driver, a DG inspector, and a fill in package handler all while never seeing any pay incentive for going the extra mile (other than the modest swing premium). I managed to survive grad school while working part time and am graduating next month and will be starting a new job in December. I just wanted to say how happy I am to be leaving this cheap, lying, blood sucking, life draining company that couldn't care less for its front line employees. Oh the satisfaction I'll feel with my feet up in my chair sipping a smooth bourbon the week of Christmas.

vantexan

After 10 years of abuse at Express, my time has come. I have been a part time a.m and p.m. courier that has worked full time hours, a swing driver, a DG inspector, and a fill in package handler all while never seeing any pay incentive for going the extra mile (other than the modest swing premium). I managed to survive grad school while working part time and am graduating next month and will be starting a new job in December. I just wanted to say how happy I am to be leaving this cheap, lying, blood sucking, life draining company that couldn't care less for its front line employees. Oh the satisfaction I'll feel with my feet up in my chair sipping a smooth bourbon the week of Christmas.
Now don't be bitter! :winnersmiley:

It was roughly $1.15/hr increase for me, and that was 5ish years ago. However, I was a de facto swing driver as a desperate part timer for a long while before becoming an official swing.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Congratulations on your new job and graduation. Enjoy your Christmas.

bacha29

Just asked a simple question as to what swing premium was?
The young man is the new norm at your beloved company. Part time bare survival pay minimal benefits . This is the new reality and given the way they are treated do actually think that they are going to give a flying face expletive deleted about your precious stock price? These are the kids who will stand between a $ 170 stock and the $33 stock it was just 8 years ago. That cold reality might finally wake you up to just how different business in conducted and the daily work experiences at your precious company in the year 2016. The complete opposite of what you have always known in your self centered and sheltered little world.

Oldfart

The young man is the new norm at your beloved company. Part time bare survival pay minimal benefits . This is the new reality and given the way they are treated do actually think that they are going to give a flying face expletive deleted about your precious stock price? These are the kids who will stand between a $ 170 stock and the $33 stock it was just 8 years ago. That cold reality might finally wake you up to just how different business in conducted and the daily work experiences at your precious company in the year 2016. The complete opposite of what you have always known in your self centered and sheltered little world.
Bought me some of that cheap stock after the 9/11 disaster. Great buy and wish I had bought some more. Don't guess you were savvy enough to buy any.

MAKAVELI

Bought me some of that cheap stock after the 9/11 disaster. Great buy and wish I had bought some more. Don't guess you were savvy enough to buy any.
I guess we had our minds on other things after 3000+ lives were lost that day. Sounds like you and Dfumpf have something in common.

Oldfart

Damn you're just a bucket full of sunshine, ain't ya?
Heck yea. Watching the miserables cry about their perceived problems while I take advantage of every opportunity I have to prosper is very rewarding. I have no sympathy for those that expect others to give them something when everyone has the same opportunities to succeed. While some make more money than others, proper use of your resources should allow you to prosper. Some will never be happy.

Oldfart

I guess we had our minds on other things after 3000+ lives were lost that day. Sounds like you and Dfumpf have something in common.
Stock was low for months afterwards. Even went lower months later. I am sure the market didn't close or restrict trading 6 months later.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I guess we had our minds on other things after 3000+ lives were lost that day.
I did the same thing and a few of the Airline stocks that knee-jerked low.
Confusion, uncertainty and change are always opportunities to do well in the stock market.
Harley-Davidson was another gem to come out of that day.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Heck yea. Watching the miserables cry about their perceived problems while I take advantage of every opportunity I have to prosper is very rewarding. I have no sympathy for those that expect others to give them something when everyone has the same opportunities to succeed. While some make more money than others, proper use of your resources should allow you to prosper. Some will never be happy.
What is wrong with you. 17 bucks an hour after 10 years is not a perceived problem. That is a real problem. These guys gave their time to a company that promised them raises every year but for one reason or another didn't get it. They were lied to. So they kept plugging away waiting for a raise that never happened. FedEx themselves sees the problem and is "restructuring" the pay scale to get these guys the raises they deserve. How does the company itself see the problem and you don't. Your head is so far in the sand you do not see what's happening around you. Unhappy couriers are growing in numbers and happy couriers are declining. This new pay restructuring is most likely a lie as well to continue to get people to stay based on the premise that they will get the raise they are promised but will probably never see. The market levels and step plan is also wildly confusing for a job that involves delivering packages. Coincidence?? And don't try to tell me I'm bitter and full of hate. I don't even work at fedex. But I do talk to the couriers from time to time and all they say is how much more we make and how much they hate what FedEx has become.