Over 1800 hours

joeswife

1983 start, part time hours until 1989. Worked full time hours (over 1800) for 7 years before going officially full time in 2000.
Should those 7 years be counted as full time towards retirement credit?

1983 start, part time hours until 1989. Worked full time hours (over 1800) for 7 years before going officially full time in 2000.
Every plan is different they may count towards years of service but probably will not come towards the full-time pension.

Like I said before every plan is different

I plan a part-time years is a separate pension other plans part-time years counts as a half a year towards a full-time pension credit

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Some plans will give you partial credit for your PT years but I've never heard of any plan that will give you FT credit no matter how many hours you worked.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I will have to ask this at the hall but I believe we use fractional credits and the math is a real head scratcher but it is fair in the sense that a PT employee who worked lots of hours will be further into their FT pension than a PT employee that barely worked.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
In the west you need 500 hours to get credit for the year.

The Western Conference’s part time pension benefits are far superior to those under the Companies’ controlled one in the Central and Southern. I believe that the Western receives monetary contributions from their part time years that carry over to their full timer years. If they work more hours as a part timer they get more credit toward their final retirement benefits.

I believe that the Western pension plans are approaching close to 300 dollars per service year currently, part time and full time. If you work full time years as a part timer you automatically get credit as if you were a full timer.

MethodsMan

The Western Conference’s part time pension benefits are far superior to those under the Companies’ controlled one in the Central and Southern. I believe that the Western receives monetary contributions from their part time years that carry over to their full timer years. If they work more hours as a part timer they get more credit toward their final retirement benefits.

I believe that the Western pension plans are approaching close to 300 dollars per service year currently, part time and full time. If you work full time years as a part timer you automatically get credit as if you were a full timer.

$300 per year? So you’re saying a 30 year employee is receiving $9,000 monthly?

I’m in the west. That sounds too good to be true. I still have around 20 years til retirement though. Lots could change to our pensions in that time

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey

I’m in the west. That sounds too good to be true. I still have around 20 years til retirement though. Lots could change to our pensions in that time
No. I retired WCT in 2018 with 31 years. 3 PT and 28 FT years. Max payout for me with no death benefit to spouse was $4420/mo. $9000 would certainly have been nice...lol.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
No. I retired WCT in 2018 with 31 years. 3 PT and 28 FT years. Max payout for me with no death benefit to spouse was $4420/mo. $9000 would certainly have been nice...lol.
Stated accrual rate was approaching $300/year. So new hires today could expect $9000/month thirty years from now. Sounds nice but inflation will eat into that.
When I started full-time in 1985 our accrual rate was $105. It's now $260.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Exactly… that’s why pters in the west should be working as much ot as they can..

Coldworld

60 months and counting

The west coast pension has been around since the early 50’s… yes, things COULD change but unlikely…the fund is doing so well because it is diverse..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How has taxes affected your pension??? Have you done anything different in regards to filing taxes than you did when working?

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
How has taxes affected your pension??? Have you done anything different in regards to filing taxes than you did when working?
No different. You fill out new witholding paperwork. My pension is held by Prudential. You can adjust your witholding on their website. Initially I just went with the same as when I worked, then adjusted after my first year of having strictly pension income and no UPS income. Pension obviously being lower income. Filing taxes, you no longer get a W-2, retirement income is reported on a 1099-R. I use TurboTax, so you just enter retirement income in a different place. Otherwise, no different.