Over 70lbs and Irreg Bid Team Routes

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Putting extra routes on the road to give good service to our customers is against corporate policy, everybody knows that. Fedex can send three different trucks into the same neighborhood and make money, but we can't.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Putting extra routes on the road to give good service to our customers is against corporate policy, everybody knows that. Fedex can send three different trucks into the same neighborhood and make money, but we can't.
well our loaded wage rate is twice as much as theirs yet our drivers can only provide equal at best service

you ask the question but you are the answer

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Gee and I wonder why it's only equal at best. Wouldn't be certain numbers would it?
even in a perfect world what are you going to do, cut their grass for them?
you’re delivering with a smile, that might be good for sales with regular people or smallish business but amazon and our enterprise accounts would drop us like rocks

PT Car Washer

No one has ever told you that you are the third UPS driver that has been here today? Air driver, regular driver and the misload driver. I hear it all the time.

Non sequitur

you’re delivering with a smile, that might be good for sales with regular people or smallish business but amazon and our enterprise accounts would drop us like rocks

I know charities that pay $20/hr with benefits delivering food out of a lift gate van. If Amazon wants cheap labor let them go. Running a trucking company ain't as easy as wallstreet thinks.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

Where would Amazon go? If they went to FedEx then FedEx would have to drop customers to take all the extra volume. Those customers would need to find someone to deliver their packages...what would their real option be other than UPS?

USPS, UPS and FedEx need to grow a pair and put Amazon in their place instead of catering to them.