Over 9.5 Penalty

Overpaid Union Thug

Question about penalty pay. I understand that the company interprets the penalty as paying time and a half plus the time and a half already worked to get triple time. I currently have over a month's worth of over 9.5 grievances pending. I was wondering how long it typically takes for those to be paid out. Will they be separate checks for each week or be rolled into one? I'm kind of anxious to put the money to use. :happy-very:

NI1

If you filled every week. Let's say you filed 4 weeks worth the first week will be your 'opt in' the rest you should get paid..... However management might say that 'you did not give us a chance to fix your route' so that being said, good luck. The thing I can say tho is keep records, because everyday is different.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We are having zero problems getting paid( our DM has stated he'd rather pay the grievances than add people) .The only real change is the center manager says he is no longer authourized to pay at Center Hearings ,so the BA has to meet with the Labour Manager and the grievances are paid at that time and show up on thew following paycheck . I have had 7 straight weeks of filing( last week i had four 11 hour days and one 10 hour day.........CHA CHING!!) and see no end until the contract is ratified. I feel then us old folks will have a better time of it

Overpaid Union Thug

We are having zero problems getting paid( our DM has stated he'd rather pay the grievances than add people) .The only real change is the center manager says he is no longer authourized to pay at Center Hearings ,so the BA has to meet with the Labour Manager and the grievances are paid at that time and show up on thew following paycheck . I have had 7 straight weeks of filing( last week i had four 11 hour days and one 10 hour day.........CHA CHING!!) and see no end until the contract is ratified. I feel then us old folks will have a better time of it

Have you been getting separate checks for each week filed or do they just compound them all on one check as they hear the cases?

Overpaid Union Thug

Just got my check. Four weeks worth all compounded into one FAT check. :happy-very: I'm an unassigned driver so that makes it even sweeter because there are several members on this board that have claimed that unassigned drivers can't be on the 9.5 list. I was laughing at them as I deposited my check via my smartphone camera yesterday. HA HA!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have 8 weeks worth that i expect to be paid next week or the week after,and the cycle will begin again

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just got my check. Four weeks worth all compounded into one FAT check. :happy-very: I'm an unassigned driver so that makes it even sweeter because there are several members on this board that have claimed that unassigned drivers can't be on the 9.5 list. I was laughing at them as I deposited my check via my smartphone camera yesterday. HA HA!

In some areas cover drivers can't get on the list. In my area we can't file for penalty pay. All depends on your local supplement.

upsset

9.5 language is in article 37 of the master everyone can file.
cover drivers just have to request a specific route for the following week and if you go over 3 days you can file

Brownslave688

9.5 language is in article 37 of the master everyone can file.
cover drivers just have to request a specific route for the following week and if you go over 3 days you can file

Some supplements have different language. You can request a route all you want. Management can't deny that request all they want. Unless your bid coverage it doesn't matter. FYI just because your a cover driver doesn't make you a bid cover driver.

I get tired of people quoting their supplement or the national. Unless someone is out of your center chances are the contract may not read the same for them.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Quoting supplements is one thing, however the NA supersedes the supplements (and it reads the same for all of us). If the language is on the master, the supplement can expound on it, but it wouldn't change it. For example, i recently heard one supplement makes a person's seniority date a holiday. However, that changes nothing concerning the holidays provided for in the master.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

concerning 9.5 grievances, how does performance relate to winning grievances? Can a driver who is really slow win a grievance when he may be the problem rather than the dispatch?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

concerning 9.5 grievances, how does performance relate to winning grievances? Can a driver who is really slow win a grievance when he may be the problem rather than the dispatch?

There is no ratio between performance and "winning" grievances; however, if you have someone an hour or more over who files and "wins" a 9.5 grievance you can bet dollars to donuts that he will have a huge target on his back.

I still contend that 9.5 grievances should be based on both the dispatch and hours worked. If I am dispatched at 9.75 hours and get it done in 9.49 hours I should be entitled to the same consideration as someone dispatched with a 8.95 who limps in at 9.75. Something to think about.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was laughing at them as I deposited my check via my smartphone camera yesterday.

How exactly does that work? I know that you take a picture of the check using your bank's app and that it is processed as though you had physically deposited it. What happens to the check? Do you have to forward it to the bank or do you just destroy it once it has cleared your bank? Does the person or company that wrote the check get a physical copy of the check from the back or is it treated as a direct deposit?

Overpaid Union Thug

I was laughing at them as I deposited my check via my smartphone camera yesterday.

How exactly does that work? I know that you take a picture of the check using your bank's app and that it is processed as though you had physically deposited it. What happens to the check? Do you have to forward it to the bank or do you just destroy it once it has cleared your bank? Does the person or company that wrote the check get a physical copy of the check from the back or is it treated as a direct deposit?

I write VOID on it once it appears on my account. That is usually instantaneous.

Brownslave688

Quoting supplements is one thing, however the NA supersedes the supplements (and it reads the same for all of us). If the language is on the master, the supplement can expound on it, but it wouldn't change it. For example, i recently heard one supplement makes a person's seniority date a holiday. However, that changes nothing concerning the holidays provided for in the master.

The NM says you get triple time pay 9.5 grievances. Not every where does. NM is not the be all end all.

tourists24

What do you mean by the driver being the problem? What do you mean by slow? Someone that cant keep up with your pace?

Locals trump master.