Over 9.5 Penalty

tourists24

He is talking about someone who can only do 13.3 SPORH when he is by himself yet is somehow able to do 16.3 SPORH when his on-car in riding with him.
As long as you are comparing similar loads then I agree.... I disagree if the route is changing on a daily basis (like at my center) which is why we don't see production cases at panel often.... but the company has won firings in arbitration if the loads are similar and the driver does 3 sph less by himself

oldngray

nowhere special
Only an idiot will have a higher SPORH when an on car is with him. Just make sure you do everything by the book and take no shortcuts and in most cases you will look worse on paper and then your butt is covered when you are by yourself.

NI1

Everyday is different. When they ride with you its always when the route is 'nice'. The load will always be good. Lastly, they can't disciple you using any computer technology.

Follow the methods, do the best you can. You'll be alright

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I run at least an hour over every day and during my 3 day Lock in I ran 1.75-2 hours over each day,with the my Driver Supervisor telling me I was doing evrything right.He said I was very good at working both safely and by the methods.The center manager and my Driver Supervisor have been over my records with a fine tooth comb and cannot find out why i am over allowed.<shrug> I have had zero problems getting my penalty pay and target or not I am confident that as long as I work safely and by the Methods I have nothing to fear.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Everyday is different. When they ride with you its always when the route is 'nice'. The load will always be good. Lastly, they can't disciple you using any computer technology.

Follow the methods, do the best you can. You'll be alright
This.
No one ever got fired for doing their job. Every person I've seen who got walked out for real handed the company the rope they used to hang them.

didyousheetit

There is no ratio between performance and "winning" grievances; however, if you have someone an hour or more over who files and "wins" a 9.5 grievance you can bet dollars to donuts that he will have a huge target on his back.

I still contend that 9.5 grievances should be based on both the dispatch and hours worked. If I am dispatched at 9.75 hours and get it done in 9.49 hours I should be entitled to the same consideration as someone dispatched with a 8.95 who limps in at 9.75. Something to think about.
problem is that then the dispatch numbers will be change to be more like 9.48 and poof there goes your over 9.5

Notretiredyet

I've been dealing with this 9.5 issue for over 2 yrs now, have a pile of grievances deadlocked and going to state panel in a few weeks. Can't wait to see the center manager try to justify why this hasn't been fixed for more than a week or two before my stop count rises again, after promising to fix my dispatch again and again at local hearings. In the past few months he's been retaliating by dispatching me over 10 hrs 2 days a week, then getting PO'd when I combine those days with one just over 9.5. I really don't care about the penalty just want the problem fixed once and for all. My BA has deadlocked this at the local hearing and is asking for penalty pay on all 2yrs of them at this hearing, should be interesting.