Over allowed write ups have begun.

542thruNthru

So my management team has now given 3 guys a write up for over allowed "fair days work". In our local we can't grieve a write up. So we have been filing harassment and safety. Should be a interesting month. I know I'll be in the office this week. Have the grievance filled out already just needs the date.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So my management team has now given 3 guys a write up for over allowed "fair days work". In our local we can't grieve a write up. So we have been filing harassment and safety. Should be a interesting month. I know I'll be in the office this week. Have the grievance filled out already just needs the date.
Um, why can't you file a grievance?

542thruNthru

Wow. Did you ever ask why?

It was a few years ago when I ask but from what I remember he said they automatically grieve them. To be honest I don't believe they do. I'll be sure to ask him again. I'll more than likely talk to him this week with all this crap going on.

Returntosender

Every year around the same time similar issues arise. PT not allowed OT unless approved by management. Rumors are they chasing this quarter payroll metric.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Thats what our BA told us. We don't grieve warning letters.
Wow. Did you ever ask why?
For going on 13 years as a steward, I have been told we cannot grieve warning letters, that we can only file what is termed a 'protest letter' , or 'letter of record' in the State of Ohio.

These "letters" are attached to a grievance form and never heard unless the progression of discipline on that subject advances.

I have always thought that it sucks.
Kind of gives the Company a 'freebie'.

km3

For going on 13 years as a steward, I have been told we cannot grieve warning letters, that we can only file what is termed a 'protest letter' , or 'letter of record' in the State of Ohio.

These "letters" are attached to a grievance form and never heard unless the progression of discipline on that subject advances.

I have always thought that it sucks.
Kind of gives the Company a 'freebie'.

I thought not being required to give a verbal was a freebie, but that's a lot worse. Pathetic.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

What ??

You have absolutely, every right to file a grievance protesting a warning letter.

But, the State Panel doesn't "hear" them. That's relegated to the Local level.

Ask Rob A.... his thoughts.... on not protesting a warning letter.

The administrative law judge pointed it out.

It played a role, in his case.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What ??

You have absolutely, every right to file a grievance protesting a warning letter.

But, the State Panel doesn't "hear" them. That's relegated to the Local level.

Ask Rob A.... his thoughts.... on not protesting a warning letter.

The administrative law judge pointed it out.

It played a role, in his case.

-Bug-
These grievances (protest letters) have absolutely, positively, never been heard "at the Local level " here .....

.....and what's the purpose if the State Panel won't hear them....aside from appeasing labor law judges???

Why would the Company ever validate that process.....

.....if there wasn't the possibility of it ever being deadlocked to the next level???

SMH

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

LeadBelly

Banned
These grievances (protest letters) have absolutely, positively, never been heard "at the Local level " here .....

.....and what's the purpose if the State Panel won't hear them....aside from appeasing labor law judges???

Why would the Company ever validate that process.....

.....if there wasn't the possibility of it ever being deadlocked to the next level???

SMH

~Bbbl~™
If you file with article 37 added to it it will go up the chain.

LeadBelly

Banned
Why would that be necessary....or exclusive???

Not sure I follow that thought process???
If the member feels harassed, intimidated, or coerced by this warning letter that they feel was given to them in error. You know some of these situations are harassment as well as you know that some of these members repeatedly do things over and over again that they know not to do. The member also is put in a situation that they can't win. You know they might be harassing them. That's when your instincts set in and you tell the member that in your opinion they need to protect themselves from what on would consider over supervision.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If the member feels harassed, intimidated, or coerced by this warning letter that they feel was given to them in error. You know some of these situations are harassment as well as you know that some of these members repeatedly do things over and over again that they know not to do. The member also is put in a situation that they can't win. You know they might be harassing them. That's when your instincts set in and you tell the member that in your opinion they need to protect themselves from what on would consider over supervision.
Must be nice having a BA that would back that play?
Boss Hog and Uncle Jesse could never pull that off.

LeadBelly

Banned
Must be nice having a BA that would back that play?
Boss Hog and Uncle Jesse could never pull that off.
It is, but it's a team effort. If you believe in something so much that you are ready to go all out sometimes what you want and hope for happens. I've always wanted what is best for the members of our local. Good days and bad days. Usually the bad out way the good but I've always believed in something and someone. In the end the members of the local I work out of are better off. I played a bit part.

Bit a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program