Over time , working on holiday

Blazian81

Is anyone having issues with their time card viewer showing Standard paid instead of overtime for working on Black Friday?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201128-163456_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201128-163456_Chrome.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 102

MattM

Around here, If the holiday falls on your regularly scheduled day of work, there is no extra holiday paid. You already got paid for the 8.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Is anyone having issues with their time card viewer showing Standard paid instead of overtime for working on Black Friday?
It's 8 hrs paid holiday plus DT for the hours worked here. My issue was them giving me a helper I didn't need and also taking stops off me, to a top rate driver of course, screwing me out of my 8 hours guarantee.

MattM

Sorry guys. It’s a air gateway thing

Article 40
——-
c) Holidays
(1) When it is necessary to operate an air hub and gateway opera- tion on a holiday, those employees worked will be paid overtime in addition to holiday pay if it is not a scheduled workday for those employees.
article 40 o
——
If I’m a m-friend normally , if a holiday is Thursday or a Friday, it’s a normal day. Only if they want us in on our day off, is it OT or DT, which is usually the case anyways as that would be a 6th or 7th punch.

they always sucker in like 15-20 volunteers and then they try to fight for their missing $25. But give up after a month. I’ve learned my lesson.

now who knows about air drivers, but I’m sure the regular package guys are making bank.

MattM

It's 8 hrs paid holiday plus DT for the hours worked here. My issue was them giving me a helper I didn't need and also taking stops off me, to a top rate driver of course, screwing me out of my 8 hours guarantee.
Are you guaranteed eight on 6th or 7th day punches? Just wondering if it’s daily for only the first 5 days?

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Are you guaranteed eight on 6th or 7th day punches? Just wondering if it’s daily for only the first 5 days?
It seems that it should be any scheduled workday that you are on time, but historically here they make those days hours worked. Not sure what the actual language in the contract is.

MattM

Very tricky guys. Best of luck figuring any of this out. I always write my daily hours down. They update the time card viewer just once a week, on Monday for the prior week. So you really only have a few hours to notice and fight for your hours.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
You can still demand your 8.
I know, it's just $120 & the principle that they go out of their way to be sneaky and such to save a buck. Fight this battle here, get targeted elsewhere. Rinse & repeat. I'll be top rate in a few months so this isn't worth my trouble, though it annoys me.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Very tricky guys. Best of luck figuring any of this out. I always write my daily hours down. They update the time card viewer just once a week, on Monday for the prior week. So you really only have a few hours to notice and fight for your hours.
Screenshots are your friend.

Drink Craft Beer

It seems that it should be any scheduled workday that you are on time, but historically here they make those days hours worked. Not sure what the actual language in the contract is.
On the pre-load, when the schedule for the following week is posted... and it has you scheduled for the following Saturday, then you're guaranteed 3.5hrs. that day.

If it's not scheduled and you're asked / told to come in at hours only, you can refuse without repercussions.

lkwan78

My time card is almost exactly like yours in the southern area.

I was told by another supervisor friend of mine in another center. We should have 8 hrs holiday pay + DT for hours worked.

im struggling with my actual supervisor to correct it! I wonder why, if they did same to all drivers in my center.

130-150 drivers *8 hours = 1040 hours * $30 (I know this isn’t a real numbers. It’s an average bc some drivers are at $21 while top pay is closer to $40) = $31,200 saved in payroll!

AKCoverMan

I have a feeling of deja vu. Think this happened last year, but it corrected itself by Monday. Right now timecard viewer says the week ending Nov 28 is still “pending”. I think before it turns to “final” they will add another line to your Friday card paying eight straight hours as holiday pay and bump all your actual worked hours to OT or DT depending on your supplement.

I hope so or I’ll have a lot of Shortage grievances to file next week!