Over/Under Dispatch numbers

brownmvp

Been running a bulk truck after preload that is greatly spread out but none the less about a half days work according to the dispatch plan. Being that its a bulk truck and i dont have any airs dispatched to me, they tend to give me airs that other drivers say they cant make.

Which i could careless bc im one of the newer drivers and im familiar w/ the airs that they give me. More stops more money. But any ways that tacks on 45 mins of work thats not accounted for in my dispatch. Then after i finish my bulk truck between 12-2pm depending on how heavy, and the load of the truck. They call me and tell me to meet up w/ a driver and get some stops off him.
(His delivery area is about 20 mins from mine) as im on the way to him i get a message telling me to grab two misloads from another driver. Not to mention i had 2 misloads myself that they told me to run. I get about 15 stops from the driver i orginally met up with and have to go in the total opposite direction to meet the driver w/ misloads. I was working as instructed and made service on all pkgs.
This morning dispatch and my ORS came to me and asked me what happened. Said i was over by 2 hrs. The ORS who told me to grab the misloads and help the driver "forgot" to mention that he had me doing all these things. Sorry for the long story but my question is when you help a driver, run airs not dispatched to you, and run misloads does it or does it not screw up your numbers? We get credit for the stops but if the route is already dispatched for a certain amount of work and they clearly added to the day how can they come to me about numbers?
While i dont care about numbers i do not want my name being tainted bc im a new driver and im one of those ppl that has a great work ethic.

softshoe

If you delivered everything, and picked up everything, and had no customer complaints, and were accident free. then you had a perfect day! Don't be concerned about there phony numbers.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Been running a bulk truck after preload that is greatly spread out but none the less about a half days work according to the dispatch plan. Being that its a bulk truck and i dont have any airs dispatched to me, they tend to give me airs that other drivers say they cant make.

Which i could careless bc im one of the newer drivers and im familiar w/ the airs that they give me. More stops more money. But any ways that tacks on 45 mins of work thats not accounted for in my dispatch. Then after i finish my bulk truck between 12-2pm depending on how heavy, and the load of the truck. They call me and tell me to meet up w/ a driver and get some stops off him.
(His delivery area is about 20 mins from mine) as im on the way to him i get a message telling me to grab two misloads from another driver. Not to mention i had 2 misloads myself that they told me to run. I get about 15 stops from the driver i orginally met up with and have to go in the total opposite direction to meet the driver w/ misloads. I was working as instructed and made service on all pkgs.
This morning dispatch and my ORS came to me and asked me what happened. Said i was over by 2 hrs. The ORS who told me to grab the misloads and help the driver "forgot" to mention that he had me doing all these things. Sorry for the long story but my question is when you help a driver, run airs not dispatched to you, and run misloads does it or does it not screw up your numbers? We get credit for the stops but if the route is already dispatched for a certain amount of work and they clearly added to the day how can they come to me about numbers?
While i dont care about numbers i do not want my name being tainted bc im a new driver and im one of those ppl that has a great work ethic.
Get used to always not doing enough to satisfy the bosses. They will put you in a no win situation and expect you to succeed.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Carry a little tablet in your shirt pocket. Any time you have a delay, write it down. I'm talking traffic, having to break off area, misloads, anything that hurts your time. When they pull that crap in the AM meeting (we've all heard those exact words) Whip your tablet out, read off the reasons why you're over allowed, and ask if he needs to know anything else? Do this a couple of times, and they will stop asking you what happened yesterday.

T

Turdferguson

Get used to the OMS person " forgetting " they had you do extra. Get used to having explain every move, and decision you made through out the day. After you have been here awhile and get your own bid route that slows down some what , but it is just part of the micromanagement you have to let slide off your back or you will be miserable out here.

BrownTexas

Simple say "I'll try better tomorrow" and walk away. There numbers don't matter and you will always be a :censored2:ty driver to them. Unless you kill yourself then they will let you run all you want and use you like a puppet.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Carry a little tablet in your shirt pocket. Any time you have a delay, write it down. I'm talking traffic, having to break off area, misloads, anything that hurts your time. When they pull that crap in the AM meeting (we've all heard those exact words) Whip your tablet out, read off the reasons why you're over allowed, and ask if he needs to know anything else? Do this a couple of times, and they will stop asking you what happened yesterday.
They aren't worth my time to even do that.

Did the best I could while still being safe. That's it. Who cares what the excuses are? They don't so I'm not going to waste my time writing down every little thing that effects my day.

barnyard

KTM rider
Boy, that is one big, 'who cares' if you ask me. If I am running a crap wagon and run misloads over our area I know that I will be way over. If they ask me about it, I just shrug my shoulders and say, "I dunno, you tell me what the problem was."

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They aren't worth my time to even do that.
I had a new on road sup that came into feeders. He had a habit of asking me stuff like "why did you have a 40 minute turnaround at the airport last Thursday?" I would have a hard time remembering back to specifics. The notes worked for me, and I made it clear to him that I took notes because of him, and every day that I took notes probably cost me 4 or 5 minutes TA time. He got the message and stopped bugging me.

Pooter

You're new so expect this a lot. It gets easier to deal with once you stop giving a sh:t. :D

Your center manager just looks at the + and - next to your name and decides whether you sucked or not the previous day.

brownmvp

Thanks for all the advice and responses guys. Clearly this is nothing new to all the vets me being a tcd for a little longer than a month is the only thing that had me concerned. I know better than to worry about numbers but i just wanted some ground to stand on. Thats why i wanted to know if any of those things are accounted for when they look at under/over

Who cares what that turd says. If the tell you to take stops and it friend"""s their numbers who cares.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
When you go help other drivers. Put in driver assist under other work. I also hope you put in for any over 70's on your bulk route. That helps with time allowance also

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Who cares, the numbers are fake anyway and it will never be good enough for those losers anyway so live to deal with it. They can make the numbers whatever they want whenever they want, that's the truth.

PT Car Washer

Just as long as you completed every job they sent you on and did not crash or have service failures you are fine. They know they jacked you around and are just playing a power game with you. Part of the initiation process.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Thanks for all the advice and responses guys. Clearly this is nothing new to all the vets me being a tcd for a little longer than a month is the only thing that had me concerned. I know better than to worry about numbers but i just wanted some ground to stand on. Thats why i wanted to know if any of those things are accounted for when they look at under/over
Run your nuttz off in the beginning then slow it down after you get your 30 days or whatever the case is for your area. As long as your doing the job like your supposed to be doing it, they cant touch ya at all.