Overage Goal?

MC0493

I'm curious as to what the goal should be for a new driver. Obviously hitting scratch is the goal but that aside what might be a reasonable overage to have? My first 3 days alone i was 103, 102 and 224 clicks over my time.

MC0493

Alright, guess i need to step up my hustle and efficiency. I don't really get too concerned about numbers. Supposedly there are positions at my center to be filled so i'm just trying to do the best i can.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
As much as it pains me to say this you have to qualify and that means saving time.Set your car up by finding your next 4 or 5 stops and putting them in line right behind the bulkhead door. Don't engage people in conversations other than hi/bye/ etc....Work out of both doors,dangerous yes,but over a 200 stop day it adds up. People will tell you to work through your breaks,that depends on you.If you need a break,take it. Jog to the houses in a straight line but watch for holes in yards. Unless you must,leave packages at the closest door,not the most secure.

Keep in mind that qualifying is all about speed and getting done within their made up numbers. Don't get hurt and don't have an avoidable accident.

DOK

I'm curious as to what the goal should be for a new driver. Obviously hitting scratch is the goal but that aside what might be a reasonable overage to have? My first 3 days alone i was 103, 102 and 224 clicks over my time.

You're not qualifying now anyways so just be safe.

There are way to many variables that are not takin into account when your talking about there numbers. Did you get stuck in traffic on the way to your area? Was the door you usually back into at your first bulk stopped blocked forcing you to wait 5-10 minutes? Were you waiting for Chico the receiver to sign the Diad for 5 minutes while he was unloading a tractor trailer? When the company recognizes these types of delays, I'll start caring about over allowed.

MC0493

I do appreciate the advice everyone. Friday was my 3rd day solo and 4th day seeing the route. No real traffic issues or anything. My two biggest time killers are finding the package in the back, which i'm getting better at as i learn the setup. And then just navigating the area which i'm also learning.

There are supposedly 4 permanent positions at my center and around 12-14 casuals there right now. Management has made repeated remarks about it and what they're looking for. So either they're hiring or just trying to light a fire under our butts