Overallowed harassment

Doubleparkedrunner

What constitutes overallowed harassment or put another way ; when is the time that a sup goes over the line talking about these fictitious fairy tale land numbers they expect.

I personally don't care and either don't pay attention or just act civil and smile and nod sometimes replying with a chit eating grin that
" I am just doing best boss" .

But I was just wondering what the " breaking point" would be for you guys to file a grievance or get a steward present. More so wondering about the grievance part as I want to file one at the earliest instance possible in the future.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What constitutes overallowed harassment or put another way ; when is the time that a sup goes over the line talking about these fictitious fairy tale land numbers they expect.

I personally don't care and either don't pay attention or just act civil and smile and nod sometimes replying with a chit eating grin that

But I was just wondering what the " breaking point" would be for you guys to file a grievance or get a steward present. More so wondering about the grievance part as I want to file one at the earliest instance possible in the future.

I am doing the best I can.... in the safest manner possible.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I used to tell them to go with me on a ride along and show me how to do it better. Every time they went it usually took about 45 minutes longer than my usual time because we did everything by the book. methods , safety etc.

They left me alone for the most part until some time went by and it was the flavor of the month again. Never had to file harassment on it. Just be professional and tell them what BigUnionGuy said and mean it.

Doubleparkedrunner

Ok sounds good. thanx for he replies. That's pretty much the line I was and will be taking in the future. Just wondered if you ever bothered to actually file. I'm not even worried about any of it , was just curious. thanx again.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Confronting you on road when you’re unable to have a steward around, sending ODS messages that threaten discipline, calling/texting you on your personal phone about production.
I’d file a harassment grievance for any of these.

Box Ox

I used to tell them to go with me on a ride along and show me how to do it better. Every time they went it usually took about 45 minutes longer than my usual time because we did everything by the book. methods , safety etc.

They left me alone for the most part until some time went by and it was the flavor of the month again. Never had to file harassment on it. Just be professional and tell them what BigUnionGuy said and mean it.

So when did you become a feeder driver?

Tony Q

I can tell you this. There will not be another union in the private sector with better harassment language than you have. Check back in with me in a little while and we can talk about it on here.

Tony Q

I can tell you this. There will not be another union in the private sector with better harassment language than you have. Check back in with me in a little while and we can talk about it on here.
And if anyone doesn't like it you will have to be deemed unreasonable.

Limper

Out For Delivery
And if anyone doesn't like it you will have to be deemed unreasonable.

Does anybody else feel a little creepy reading this guys posts? He talks about being a “good teamster” and being “deemed unreasonable”

I feel like 1). I”m being hustled, or
2). Nazi Germany 1940 get on board

KoennenTiger

What is the problem you are having? Are you getting missed deliveries? Are you just running over allowed?

The real problems come if you have missed savers or missed NDA and you are running ground.

How far over allowed are you? Is this an industrial route where you drop 400 pieces and pick up 400 more and the :censored2: system gives you 7 hours for a route that you can never finish in less than 9?

As far as playing nice with management? The way to do that is to go have a good conversation with your steward and if you are messing up some way then fix that.

What other problems could you be having? You running a lot of resis and you don't yet have the area knowledge to be able to go without checking out Google maps and making plans in your head?

BlackCat

I take it one step further.

I ask for a full day demonstration by a supe so I can observe.

I have never had one take me up on the offer.

DOK

Honestly they don’t say a word about it in our center, haven’t for about 5 years. It’s over the top safety talk.

M

MenInBrown

We cannot be disciplined for performance so first thing I hear about it, it gets filed.

john chesney

I always ask for a couple hours added to my time study. Then I blame it on everyone else but me. They haven’t talked to me in years about that though. Probably because they know I don’t give a flying, crispy :censored2:.