Overpaid by 3 hours?

snarts

Should I inform my supervisor or should I stay quiet and keep it and when they eventually mess up my minutes for their benefit call it even?

By The Book

Ask your supervisor if your pay is right if you feel it's a mistake. Before then go over the hours for the previous week and make sure you didn't forget about something.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Should I inform my supervisor or should I stay quiet and keep it and when they eventually mess up my minutes for their benefit call it even?
I don't know why you would even need to ask this question but whatever. Morally, you should tell your supervisor and let the company figure it out. If you have no morals then do whatever the hell you want and let the chips fall. If the company catches the error later on, you will pay it pay it back. Many times for such a small amount, it's a pain and they just let you keep the money.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Let them know. Sometimes the will let it go because they don't want to take the time to correct the mistake, but leave that option to them.

clean hairy

If you verify the hours are clrrect and you were overpaid, they maybe could can you for dishonesty and theft?
They seem to be looking for any excuse to fire folks nowadays......

ITwannabe

Well when they eventually find it they could demand it....and it's the right thing to do. We come on this forum and chew out management for stealing money and all types of things....then when we have the opportunity to steal or "not notice" something we don't do anything about it? Hypocritical?

trickpony1

Somewhere in the contract there is language that says, to the effect, that if an overpayment is made then after a certain number of days the company can't do anything about it.

If they ask just say, "I dunno......I just put my check in my pocket and forget about it (assuming direct deposit).".

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Mention it to management 1 time. If they choose to let it slide for whatever reason, your obligation to bring it to their attention is satisfied. I wouldn't nag them about it over and over after that. They have more important things on their mind.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you verify the hours are clrrect and you were overpaid, they maybe could can you for dishonesty and theft?
They seem to be looking for any excuse to fire folks nowadays......
It's not even that. I'm the first one to go into the office and speak up when my paycheck is shorted by minutes. So, the two times I was ever overpaid....I told my manager about it because it's the right thing to do.