Overtime over time pay for working Dec 31st

UPSGUY72

If you worked the Dec 31st check your pay stub and make sure you got paid overtime and not straight time for the day. I got paid straight time and according to my center manager who talked to someone in payroll it's not only me that got stiffed.

browner89

Check your local supplement, mine states that December 31st is a holiday and merits double time + holiday pay (if eligible), not just overtime. It might vary.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
If you worked the Dec 31st check your pay stub and make sure you got paid overtime and not straight time for the day. I got paid straight time and according to my center manager who talked to someone in payroll it's not only me that got stiffed.
Same thing happened at my building.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

We're under the New England Supplement.
If you were forced in, you were paid overtime rate.
If you signed up for it, you are paid your regular pay rate.
I think that is why Payroll did that.
That is what I've always understood, if I'm wrong I should be corrected later in the thread.

UPSGUY72

That is what I've always understood, if I'm wrong I should be corrected later in the thread.

Under the New England supplement the 31st is a holiday whether you volunteer or are forced to work doesn't matter you get premium pay for any hours worked that day which is time and half in are area as you said.

upschuck

They would pay lower seniority people more than higher? Doesn't seem right to me.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Under the New England supplement the 31st is a holiday whether you volunteer or are forced to work doesn't matter you get premium pay for any hours worked that day which is time and half in are area as you said.

We all get 8 hours straight rate for the holiday, but The New England Supplement says that if you are required to work a holiday, you will be paid at the premium rate.
Because you signed the list to work that day, you were not required to work, you asked to work which would be at your regular pay rate.
That's the only reason the list is even up. It's so higher seniority drivers can come in and get extra hours.
That can all be manipulated by what code they put you under when they did payroll that day.

Much like the day after Thanksgiving, that day they forced us all in which required everyone to be paid at their premium rate. In New England, Veteran's Day and Columbus Day are holidays. Everyone on the road that day was required, which is why we get paid our overtime rate those day's as well.

Last edited:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It's under Article 60 Section 2 (A)

Like I said, I may be wrong.
When I was forced in, I was always paid premium rate.
When I had enough seniority, I never signed the list because I would take the day off instead.

For instance, our supplement says we get premium rate if we are required to work on Sunday. During peak, they put up a list if anyone's interested in Sunday sort. Everyone who signs that list is paid at straight time because they voluntarily asked to work. Those 8 hours are valuable to FT drivers because they count towards your 60 DOT hours. The word "required" in the language is very specific.

(The one thing that is screwing me up is the Sunday before Xmas that we worked. Everyone that came in and worked volunteered, yet they were all paid premium rate. I don't think this was a contract thing but more of an incentive for more drivers to come in.)

Last edited:

fres431

If your not a full time driver you will not get ot or dt, meaning if your a air driver. You fall under article 40 of national
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1420758295.180816.jpg

fres431

Supplementals may be stronger, example in my supplemental any Sunday work is double time. Others are straight pay or time and half

RealPerson

It depends on what Job you are doing and What your Supplement is....

PT here, Central region. With Article 40 You get paid AIR rate of straight time. Also ran a signup sheet for volunteers.

My question is, we did MORE than Air. The Drivers picked up Ground also!

Last edited:

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Wa
Watch your check sometimes they screw up like my check tomorrowy. Never got my new years pay or the option three Friday that I requested. You know ,I cant even take a vacation and have things go smoothly without me working.

UPSGUY72

It's under Article 60 Section 2 (A)

Like I said, I may be wrong.
When I was forced in, I was always paid premium rate.
When I had enough seniority, I never signed the list because I would take the day off instead.

For instance, our supplement says we get premium rate if we are required to work on Sunday. During peak, they put up a list if anyone's interested in Sunday sort. Everyone who signs that list is paid at straight time because they voluntarily asked to work. Those 8 hours are valuable to FT drivers because they count towards your 60 DOT hours. The word "required" in the language is very specific.

(The one thing that is screwing me up is the Sunday before Xmas that we worked. Everyone that came in and worked volunteered, yet they were all paid premium rate. I don't think this was a contract thing but more of an incentive for more drivers to come in.)

Correct article 60 but section 3. There is no language in are contract that says if you volunteer you only get straight time.

box_beeyotch

I somehow managed to get paid not only overtime, but worked 5 hours and was paid 3 the hours guarantee at OT as well. They said it was a paid actual and I never mentioned I wanted my guarantee so I guess I got lucky.