Overtime

Rholly

Why don't you direct your angry at the person that deserves it, THE COMPANY. They are the ones forcing you to work not the union. Don't like what the union is doing then quit and go somewhere else. You been here 28 years? Guess what you have had the easiest 28 years that any UPSer will ever have. I have another 20 of this working until 9-10 at night so if someone has a right to bitch its me. Now get back in the truck or stay home.

raceanoncr

I have, was sent home. no big deal. Except that I lost a day of pay. I don't need to work 60 plus hours a week. The job I bid says 8.5 on paper. That's why I took it. My BA says that there is nothing that I can do. There is also a quality of life issue. There is more to my life than work and sleep.

Does your bid job "on paper" also say, "...work as directed"?

Rholly

This company hasn't always been this greedy or self serving. I guess that's my problem. I really don't like greed. Or what it does to people.

Rholly

Does your bid job "on paper" also say, "...work as directed"?
No, And here in my local it does't have to. When your schedule is done. You become a W.A.D. This came about with 2007 contract. And a under the table hand shake between the labor manager and my local

Rholly

If you try to have any kind of life outside work, you can not possibly be getting 7 to 8 hrs of sleep as recommended by the CDC or the NIOH.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
image.jpg

over9five

Staff member
If you try to have any kind of life outside work, you can not possibly be getting 7 to 8 hrs of sleep as recommended by the CDC or the NIOH.
Lol, no Feeder driver gets 7-8 hours of sleep! I can easily get by with 4-5. As you get older, you need less sleep. YMMV

Here in Nor Cal we are experiencing the same O/T issues. Again, our only fight is to keep filing 9.5 grievances. Some are afraid of filing due to repercussions from mgt. Our center is in particular paid more than 80K in 9.5 grievances last year. Bottom line that's only equal to a drivers pay for a year. In retrospect the company has cut more than one route daily so in the end the company is still making even MORE money off of our heartache. More for less is the new motto for this company. Our centers drivers are so pissed off the majority are now filing weekly. Even Mgt deep down knows its messed up and even they have "kinda" laid off discipline. Rumors have circled around from very reliable sources that our center had the most accidents and injuries in the nation for 2013. Not trying to say my center is worse than yours but 5 different center managers and four different regional managers in 5 years is a pretty solid indicator. What I've talked about are not complaining just facts. I'm already working on my 5th 9.5 grievance for Monday so I guess I'll just start calling it my deserved incentive pay. Lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rholly

Here in Nor Cal we are experiencing the same O/T issues. Again, our only fight is to keep filing 9.5 grievances. Some are afraid of filing due to repercussions from mgt. Our center is in particular paid more than 80K in 9.5 grievances last year. Bottom line that's only equal to a drivers pay for a year. In retrospect the company has cut more than one route daily so in the end the company is still making even MORE money off of our heartache. More for less is the new motto for this company. Our centers drivers are so pissed off the majority are now filing weekly. Even Mgt deep down knows its messed up and even they have "kinda" laid off discipline. Rumors have circled around from very reliable sources that our center had the most accidents and injuries in the nation for 2013. Not trying to say my center is worse than yours but 5 different center managers and four different regional managers in 5 years is a pretty solid indicator. What I've talked about are not complaining just facts. I'm already working on my 5th 9.5 grievance for Monday so I guess I'll just start calling it my deserved incentive pay. Lol

Sent using BrownCafe App
What's wrong with this picture. We work for a company that likes to have employees pissed off or unhappy on a daily basis. They would rather pay grievances than do the right thing. This not only effects the employee it effects his/her family and community. There are 67 guys in my dept. 39 are divorced. Granted you can't totally put that on UPS, however when ones spouse is never home to help with kids or around the house it can't help. My problem is that it hasn't always been this way. So I know that this company can treat us as human beings and still make a profit!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Aint nothing going to change with the ot. Im at the point where if you load me down like an idiot im a punch them right in the nutts every night. The more work they put on the slower I will go. Simple as that. Yeah revenge is a bitty. Only good part is you make more money. That's how you have to look at it in a business stand point. I tell these young guys don't have any kids on this job because 1. youll never see them, 2. your putting everything on your wife, 3. your wife may not be able to deal with it and you may wind up divorced and her hitting you up for 50% of everything you have earned or will earn in the future. Then youll be stuck workin til your 65 or 70. Not saying that will happen to everyone but its definitely a scenario that could play out. Have to be smart about the decisions here at UPS cause this job can be the devil.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Aint nothing going to change with the ot. Im at the point where if you load me down like an idiot im a punch them right in the nutts every night. The more work they put on the slower I will go. Simple as that. Yeah revenge is a bitty. Only good part is you make more money. That's how you have to look at it in a business stand point. I tell these young guys don't have any kids on this job because 1. youll never see them, 2. your putting everything on your wife, 3. your wife may not be able to deal with it and you may wind up divorced and her hitting you up for 50% of everything you have earned or will earn in the future. Then youll be stuck workin til your 65 or 70. Not saying that will happen to everyone but its definitely a scenario that could play out. Have to be smart about the decisions here at UPS cause this job can be the devil.
Wish new guys just starting out would be required to read this before starting out. Couldn't of said it better.