Overtime

Typhoon

I work at a ground terminal that in the past year has completely abolished overtime for "operation admin" employees. In years past this was never a issue. If we even get less than 1 hour of overtime there is a discussion with management. Thoughts?

It will be fine

I hope you realize that by cutting OT FedEx is thinking you all will work harder in less time, thus making them more money. DON'T work harder to get it done faster.
They probably don't even think that much. Someone higher up than local terminal management told them to cut out the overtime. So local management cuts out overtime and demonstrates they are by documenting discussions about it. The work actually getting done is likely besides the point. That'll be next quarter's problem.

bacha29

I work at a ground terminal that in the past year has completely abolished overtime for "operation admin" employees. In years past this was never a issue. If we even get less than 1 hour of overtime there is a discussion with management. Thoughts?
Wait until peak arrives then you'll be better able to gauge their sentiments regarding overtime. But as IWBF pointed out X is a quarter by quarter operation.

The Youngin' Of It All

Anything to appease upper level management, corporate, and the shareholders! It's like a game of hot potato. Just don't be the one holding the potato, especially if you're the contractor or driver! I don't even understand why they need to make cuts to something like that when schools just went back and it's going to pick up and be peak season in less than 2 months anyway. Greed!