P/T Sup transferring into the Raleigh hub,few questions & anyone in the Raleigh hub ?

MJKUPS

Preload PT Supervisor
I am in the midst of transferring into the Raleigh Hub. I was accepted into Graduate School at NC State and put in my transfer a week ago. I am starting in the Summer Semester so I am allowing 2 months for the transfer to go through. I have provided all of my paperwork nowbut now have a few questions. Is there any way that if the transfer does not go through in time that I can still stay employed with the company without having to quit and establish myself in Raleigh with the hopes that the transfer eventually does go through ? If I cannot do this is UPS pretty fair with hiring walkins ins with a fair amount of seniority and who are versed in their job responsibilities ? And is there anyone here that works in the Raleigh Hub that might be able to offer any input ? Is your HR rep pretty cool ? Does the Hub have any openings or is it easy to get into ? Do you think it will be an easy transfer or if needed would itbe fairly easy to walk in and be hired ?

thanks,

InTheRed

Re: P/TSup transferring into the Raleigh hub,few questions & anyone in the Raleigh hu

best bet is to ask your full timer for a contact over there. Reach out and find out what to expect. At least you'll know who to look for when you show up.

MJKUPS

Preload PT Supervisor
Re: P/TSup transferring into the Raleigh hub,few questions & anyone in the Raleigh hu

HR doesn't even have any contacts. I was told I will ahve to wait for it to get to the district level before someone will be able to get a contact over there...

drewed

Shankman

Ask a feeder driver...... Im sure one of them atleast knows somebody that knows somebody there

satellitedriver

I do not know about transfers, or the Raleigh Hub.
What I do know is, your pursuit of a higher education trumps where you get the money, to live on as you gain your degree.
If you plan on a career at UPS, use all avenues, to make the transfer work.
If UPS is just a means to an end, then don't sweat the move. Flip burgers, wash cars or mow lawns to get by, while you finish your degree.
No great advice on my part, but your education is the key to reaching your personal goals.
Best of Luck.

InTheRed

Maybe you want to do your own dirty work, MJ...

Go on UPSers and search out the ATLAS directory. In there you will seek out Yoda, and he will complete your Jedi training...

HR doesn't even have any contacts. I was told I will ahve to wait for it to get to the district level before someone will be able to get a contact over there...
HR is lying, this is the same company, it's the same department. What it boils down to is you HR rep is either too friken lazy or too stupid to find out what you need. If it is even true that the transfer has to go to regional, then get info for regional HR. Tell you HR guy you want contact info on the Corporate HR manager, that you will start there and let it flow down to where it needs to go. I bet he can find what you need on the lower levels then.

UPSNewbie

HR is lying, this is the same company, it's the same department. What it boils down to is you HR rep is either too friken lazy or too stupid to find out what you need. If it is even true that the transfer has to go to regional, then get info for regional HR. Tell you HR guy you want contact info on the Corporate HR manager, that you will start there and let it flow down to where it needs to go. I bet he can find what you need on the lower levels then.

There's also a new member here who posted in the new member section (ironically) who is in HR. Might want to find his post and PM him/her.

*Edit* Found 'em.

LoloUPSer

InTheRed

Re: P/T Sup transferring into the Raleigh hub,few questions & anyone in the Raleigh h

What about looking up the HR # on the ATLAS directory on UPSers? That's published for everyone!

Not making excuses, but maybe the HR person you asked wasn't thinking outside the box enough to think to consult the directory.

InTheRed

Re: P/T Sup transferring into the Raleigh hub,few questions & anyone in the Raleigh h

Not all offices are on ATLAS

This is correct, however the Raleigh Hub is a large hub and I would be very surprised if it would not be on ATLAS.

Raleigh is listed on page 14 and 15 of the ATLAS book. There is no HR # but there are other departments there where if you called them I'm sure you can find out.

This is correct, however the Raleigh Hub is a large hub and I would be very surprised if it would not be on ATLAS.

Raleigh is listed on page 14 and 15 of the ATLAS book. There is no HR # but there are other departments there where if you called them I'm sure you can find out.
Then why do we need HR? Come on, if an HR person can't think to look in his little directory to find the name & number of a department just like his in another district/region then they are too stupid to get dressed for work in the morning.
I've been around UPS for 23 years and have never seen a company Atlas but I would think one would be in the basic tool box for HR.
Anytime some one asks me for a phone number that I don't know, my first thought is....let's look it up in the phone book.

wisedragonfly

I am in the midst of transferring into the Raleigh Hub. I was accepted into Graduate School at NC State and put in my transfer a week ago. I am starting in the Summer Semester so I am allowing 2 months for the transfer to go through. I have provided all of my paperwork nowbut now have a few questions. Is there any way that if the transfer does not go through in time that I can still stay employed with the company without having to quit and establish myself in Raleigh with the hopes that the transfer eventually does go through ? If I cannot do this is UPS pretty fair with hiring walkins ins with a fair amount of seniority and who are versed in their job responsibilities ? And is there anyone here that works in the Raleigh Hub that might be able to offer any input ? Is your HR rep pretty cool ? Does the Hub have any openings or is it easy to get into ? Do you think it will be an easy transfer or if needed would itbe fairly easy to walk in and be hired ?

thanks,

Hi MJKUPS, There aren't that many positions the UPS will transfer into another district. Managers can get reassigned, but I'm not sure about other employee's. I've had a couple friends request transfers because they were moving out of state and they were denied. They were told that they had to reapply in the new district and senority did not follow. Districts are different so yours might honor transfers where mine does not.

Good luck on your transfer!

InTheRed

Then why do we need HR? Come on, if an HR person can't think to look in his little directory to find the name & number of a department just like his in another district/region then they are too stupid to get dressed for work in the morning.
I've been around UPS for 23 years and have never seen a company Atlas but I would think one would be in the basic tool box for HR.
Anytime some one asks me for a phone number that I don't know, my first thought is....let's look it up in the phone book.

That should be the answer, but everywhere I've been (work, college, etc) I've learned to get it done yourself and not rely on others. Turn to them for help but if they aren't helping find another way to get it done yourself.