P/T Vacation questions

sparko

As a part-timer, can I choose not to take vacation? Will I be paid off for unused time? If so, when? If I get 4 weeks, can I take 2 weeks and be paid off for the other 2?

Our shift manager use to let us work our vacation if we wanted to. During the summer we were often short handed anyway because most people opted to take their vacation. This manager was promoted to another position in another building and now our current manager says we can't work our vacations.

I couldn't find any info in the contract about unused vacation time, so I was just wondering if working your vacations or selling back your vacations is really just up to the discretion of management for your center.

PT Car Washer

In my building PTers can work all or a portion of their vacations. You will still receive your vacation check so it is like a double payday. The bad part of working is if you bump a lower seniority person who wanted that week.

clean hairy

In the Southern, you have the option to sell vacation weeks if you wish.
Might be Sept when you have to make that election, but not 100% certain.

We are allowed to sell one week back if you have atleast 4 weeks. No official language about working in your vacation. They do ask us quite frequently. Not sure why hey ask me? They already know he answer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not too many guys do it. Except for the 100k club or the ones that take too many dead days and need the money.
I will never understand that one.

Me either.

I do admit to having worked a vacation or two in the past to pay for a project that I wanted to have done around the house but for the most part I look forward to my vacations and don't want to work them.

Me either.

I do admit to having worked a vacation or two in the past to pay for a project that I wanted to have done around the house but for the most part I look forward to my vacations and don't want to work them.
I worked one day on my vacation. To save my buddy a bunch of grief. I will never work another vacation again. I also plan on using all 5 sick days and all 5 personal days