P1 committment time changing

Bingo

Station manager stated starting this Monday that all pks that had a 10:30 am commitment time will now have a 12 noon commitment time. Has anybody heard about this.

Star B

White Lightening
Station manager stated starting this Monday that all pks that had a 10:30 am commitment time will now have a 12 noon commitment time. Has anybody heard about this.
So what about the current noons? Will they become 1630?

SmithBarney

I've got 1200 area and 1630 area, straight line everyday anyway. I have seen some of the new shippers are coming in all P1, just can't keep taking P1.. but it is strange why bother caring about commit times since FedEx did away with money back guarantee several weeks ago.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Customers are still paying for and expecting P1 service, that's why.
That’s it? Customers are illiterate?

Try delivering a business with one person on duty somewhere in the building so you have to wait, rather than reattempt later from 30-45 minutes away. Rinse and repeat.

How successful would you be under those circumstances? Doubling or tripling the allocated delivery time. Same number of deliveries as normal.

Abnormal circumstances BOC justifies straight lining while preserving service as much as possible.

Pie-in-the-sky BS is for those in management with their heads firmly tucked up their ass.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That’s it? Customers are illiterate?

FedEx offers and charges for P1 service.

Try delivering a business with one person on duty somewhere in the building so you have to wait, rather than reattempt later from 30-45 minutes away. Rinse and repeat.

How successful would you be under those circumstances? Doubling or tripling the allocated delivery time. Same number of deliveries as normal.

Abnormal circumstances BOC justifies straight lining while preserving service as much as possible.

The suspension of the MBG is to accommodate issues created by circumstances similar to the one you mentioned and it isn't a "SCREW IT, LET'S STRAIGHTLINE" blank check, though some stations are using it for that reason.

Pie-in-the-sky BS is for those in management with their heads firmly tucked up their ass.

Do you think it's right to charge for a service you have no intention of delivering because you know you can keep the money? No, you don't, and that's why efforts are being made to preserve service - which is something management realizes.

AB831

Do you think it's right to charge for a service you have no intention of delivering because you know you can keep the money? No, you don't, and that's why efforts are being made to preserve service - which is something management realizes.

And what in the blue hell makes you think FedEx cares about doing what is right?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You are correct, in that I don’t think it’s right, but that’s not what management thinks.

Management bases it’s decision on whether or not the customer will require a refund, and if we can justify not giving one.

That still doesn’t address delivery obstacles that can turn an 8 hour day into a 12 hour day. The stuff that modified straight lining can mitigate.

DeliveryException

We charge for P1 service but we just move the time up to noon? How is that servicing the customer who wanted P1 that has always meant 1030 and now it's not. Has the price charged gone down to accommodate the newer commit time?

And if I'm going from 30+ P1 to 55-60 P1, will I still have 85 P2 or will my P2 count go down to keep the same total number of stops?

SmithBarney

Customers are still paying for and expecting P1 service, that's why.

So we just move the goal posts closer so we still "make service"

I doubt we'll hear about the 1200 commit change, as we never officially heard from our staff regarding the money back guarentee, so we've been pushing service the whole time(which I have no problem with) Still our 1030 areas have lightened up, and our 1200 areas are a little heavier.