Package bound for Austin explodes at FedEx facility: fire department

vantexan

This situation shows the vulnerability of delivery companies, employees as well as assets, to people with evil intentions.
It's surprising it hasn't happened before. Imagine the turmoil terrorists could cause if a bunch of our planes blew up.

Last edited:

bacha29

This situation shows the vulnerability of delivery companies, employees as well as assets, to people with evil intentions.
Exposes the vulnerability of the package shipping business and goes all the way back to Kazinski. A few years ago people laughed at me when I brought up this scenario: Given how they have become miniaturized over the years some day a seemingly harmless delivery van pulls out of a city station with a nuke on board and the poor slug in the seat has no idea of what was about to happen Two hours later half the city's gone. In this case just to save a buck the guy shipped it Ground. Should have known it wasn't going to get there in time.You know Fat Freddy might have to spend a couple of his billions to put x-ray machines in at every station.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Exposes the vulnerability of the package shipping business and goes all the way back to Kazinski. A few years ago people laughed at me when I brought up this scenario: Given how they have become miniaturized over the years some day a seemingly harmless delivery van pulls out of a city station with a nuke on board and the poor slug in the seat has no idea of what was about to happen Two hours later half the city's gone. In this case just to save a buck the guy shipped it Ground. Should have known it wasn't going to get there in time.You know Fat Freddy might have to spend a couple of his billions to put x-ray machines in at every station.
We have an X-ray machine at my station, as well as an explosives sniffing dog.

dezguy

Not like this hasn't happened before. Remember, years ago when they found bombs hidden in printer toner cartridges on FedEx and UPS flights?

Instead of being diligent, both companys patted themselves on the back and continued on doing what they've been doing for years.

The station I'm current at has been touted as state of the art for years. Meanwhile there are no security guards, no x-ray machines and certianly no drug sniffing animals and I doubt that will change unless Freddy convinces the government to pay for it all.

Prayers to all those effected by this.

dex 84

Not like this hasn't happened before. Remember, years ago when they found bombs hidden in printer toner cartridges on FedEx and UPS flights?

Instead of being diligent, both companys patted themselves on the back and continued on doing what they've been doing for years.

The station I'm current at has been touted as state of the art for years. Meanwhile there are no security guards, no x-ray machines and certianly no drug sniffing animals and I doubt that will change unless Freddy convinces the government to pay for it all.

Prayers to all those effected by this.

Drugs don't explode and kill people. We need bomb sniffing dogs.

dezguy

Drugs don't explode and kill people. We need bomb sniffing dogs.
I'm just pointing out that FedEx loves to tour that this place is state of the art and preach to us about safety but then safeguards to keep us and the public safe aren't in and have never been in place.

vantexan

I'm just pointing out that FedEx loves to tour that this place is state of the art and preach to us about safety but then safeguards to keep us and the public safe aren't in and have never been in place.
They want you to challenge any unauthorized person in the facility. If someone is determined to enter illegally wouldn't be surprising if they have a weapon. So not surprising they aren't spending the bucks necessary to protect employees and customers.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They want you to challenge any unauthorized person in the facility. If someone is determined to enter illegally wouldn't be surprising if they have a weapon. So not surprising they aren't spending the bucks necessary to protect employees and customers.
I challenge no one. I’m not going to be the first one shot. Screw that.

dezguy

Lol not only are we supposed to act as fedex security, we just got a dads message with an official statement to give to any media who might ask about the event. Didn't know my paygrade included doing the pr departments job too!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
so you got to assume a couple things the bomber is on the fedex drivers route if it was picked up or somebody working at fedex is printing out labels to put on bomb boxes.

MAKAVELI

no but you do stuff to draw attention away from the real source and what we know now is packages got into the fedex system. Plus that stuff is sensitive and can explode at any time
Labels can be printed, copied, anywhere. The bomber would not need someone inside to print them. It does sound like they know where these two were shipped from.