Package Car Dreams....

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
My building has a revolving door for guys like SuperSup! My sup has less than 3 months on road and he says he can do my route better than me! Go ahead run your lunch and breaks, I'd be paid under if I did that too! He pulled a run one day that delivered NDA to my p.m. residential area. The house was 20 feet off the rd. Where did he del the pkg? To the front door!! Not to the back door that the cust. used. So i asked him when I came in that night what a proper driver release was, Out of sight, out of weather. I called him on it. He asked if I moved it and told him no because it would have brought my spohr down.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would like power-steering and the low step in every package car. If UPS can afford to put sensors and GPS in every package car the they can upgrade the fleet with power-steering vehicles.

Think about how absurd it is to have a fleet "chock" full of non-power steering manual transmission trucks in which they install sensors to make sure your door is closed while the vehicle is in gear???

Its insanity. You might suggest that I'm a little peeved because I can't cheat anymore....

The really frustrating part here...is that UPS isnt installing the sensors because they care about your safety.

If they cared about your safety, they would not dispatch you in a vehicle from which critical safety and ergonomic features had been intentionally deleted to save a small amount of money.

If they cared about your safety, the sensors would simply be wired into the vehicle ignition so that you could not even start the engine until the door was shut and the belt fastened.

It isnt insanity. Is it a shrewd and calculated move on UPS's part. UPS's true motive for installing the sensors is to be able to document a case for your eventual termination...and replacement by a new hire who will do your job for $10 an hour less.

chev

Nightcrawler
The really frustrating part here...is that UPS isnt installing the sensors because they care about your safety.

If they cared about your safety, they would not dispatch you in a vehicle from which critical safety and ergonomic features had been intentionally deleted to save a small amount of money.

UPS's only motive for installing the sensors is to be able to document a case for your eventual termination...and replacement by a new hire who will do your job for $10 an hour less.
:sad-little: I believe you are right. I'm waiting for the anally installed camera.:wink2:
God knows they have their eyes everywhere else. They will just call it colon cancer preventative. :laughing:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It isnt insanity. Is it a shrewd and calculated move on UPS's part. UPS's true motive for installing the sensors is to be able to document a case for your eventual termination...and replacement by a new hire who will do your job for $10 an hour less.

THATS BECAUSE THAT IS THE REASON

I don't care how many safety board members come on here or how many times DANNYBOY professes the sanity of safety at UPS

This is how UPS will get rid of who they want to and the Union can do nothing about it. Someone in Upper Upper Management got themselves a gold star for this

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Also Supersup is a flame artist that just got everyone juiced up ! He hasn't posted since Sunday and obviously is a cockroach.