package car OT

livin the dream

I've seen countless drivers on here complain about excessive OT. I understand that every hub is different, but most of our metro is back in the building by 6. I do see drivers coming in late, but they tend to be older, which makes me think they probably want the OT as I'm sure they have enough seniority to have a better route.

The point of me making this thread is because i would like to drive, but the horror stories of excessive OT make me not want to at the same time. Realistically, if i qualified for the 9.5 list, would UPS still load my truck up and just pay the grievances? Any feedback would be appreciated.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

OT differs from bldg. to bldg. I average 2 hours or less per week and am not the first driver back to the bldg. We have drivers who regularly have guarantee pay on their checks. 9.5 is generally not an issue for us.

mdnj88

My building has 3 centers. My center generally everyone is is by 7-730 except for the few slugs. I personally only get my guarantee Monday-Thursday and only when they hammer routes on Friday I'll get about an hour or so of OT. I don't have many bills since I'm young and still live at home. My 401 is maxed and I really don't need or want the Ot right now. Once in a blue moon I'll offer to help someone if I'm feeling in a good mood.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've had weeks where I had only 43 hours.
But then last week I worked four days and clocked 41 hours and 30 minutes, plus the 8 hours I was paid for Monday off.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I typically start at 8:30, out of the building 8:50, make my first stop around 9:15 (my route is pretty far from the facility), and get back and off the clock by around 6 including an hour lunch, a little later if heavy.

jaker

trolling
I typically start at 8:30, out of the building 8:50, make my first stop around 9:15 (my route is pretty far from the facility)
That is funny what you said about your route being far

Me I leave the hub at 8:30 and don't get to my first stop until 9:15 and that's all freeway

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That is funny what you said about your route being far

Me I leave the hub at 8:30 and don't get to my first stop until 9:15 and that's all freeway

And I had a route when I was out of the building at 9:00 and at my first stop at 11:00.

Pooter

OP: since you will be bottom of the barrel in seniority expect 2 hours of OT per day for a long time.

I wouldn't jump on 9.5 list right after qualifying.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
They will do whatever they want. If your on the 9.5 list they may abide by it and they may not. Hard to say with these sketchballs for real. It seems like they don't care about paying the grievances that's for sure. Anything to make less routes appear, they will do anything to bust out routes. They will send a guy out and stupposedly work safety hours but yet still deliver with no diad. So there you go, theres one of the sketchball games they play because once again the union lets them do whatever they want because they've got the union in their back pocket.

Pooter

Extra work like covering pick ups and closing stores usually goes bottom up.

Centers differ but I'm sure he will be doing extra crap for a while like most newbs.