package car OT

PaulthaCup

Our center is terrible, we aren't on the road until 9;30 at the earliest, and i average about 10hrs of overtime a week, that is completely unwanted and most of the time thats with a short lunch. So yea.........

Sent using BrownCafe App

ajax25

It's funny to hear all of this from the guys that have been drivers for quite some time. I'm just starting ( off the street after being a peak season higher) and busting my ass to hit that seniority because once your in your in. I'm sure after awhile I will sound just like you guys but I will be making much better money.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Griff

My building has 3 centers. My center generally everyone is is by 7-730 except for the few slugs. I personally only get my guarantee Monday-Thursday and only when they hammer routes on Friday I'll get about an hour or so of OT. I don't have many bills since I'm young and still live at home. My 401 is maxed and I really don't need or want the Ot right now. Once in a blue moon I'll offer to help someone if I'm feeling in a good mood.

Yeah, skipping your lunch and running all day will get you out of your moms basement really fast.

I average 57hrs a week. Slug this, rookie.

Sent using BrownCafe App

JL 0513

You cant live comfortably off 45k a year?

Everyone has different circumstances (even though the government thinks we're all the same). $45K used to be decent, not so much anymore when you live in the northeast and have a family. Wife doesn't work, as she stays home with the baby.

"Comfortably" is amusing since we scrape by deciding which bills will be late each month. Of course it's the one's that don't effect credit (utility bills, ect..).

Everyone has different circumstances (even though the government thinks we're all the same). $45K used to be decent, not so much anymore when you live in the northeast and have a family. Wife doesn't work, as she stays home with the baby.

"Comfortably" is amusing since we scrape by deciding which bills will be late each month. Of course it's the one's that don't effect credit (utility bills, ect..).
It's tough being PT. Been there done that. Working 2 or 3 jobs just to make ends meet.