Package car with two jump seats?

OptimusPrime

Had never seen this before. Nether had an on car I asked about it. You have the regular 2, but a third is folded behind the drivers seat. It slides out on a track. It's just the bottom. There is a back pad on the bulkhead door.

I'm curious as to what this would ever be used for?

OptimusPrime

Center Manager and Supervisor can both ride with the driver to inform him of his short comings....

Will make sure to remember to snap a pic tomorrow. I ended up pondering the use off and on all day. Would be like a circus clown car when pulling up to a stop. Regular jump would have to get out, so second jump could get up and over, then fold it up and slide it over. Then he has to get out of the way, then finally the driver has access to the bulkhead. Not to mention doing it in reverse.

OptimusPrime

They said it was to train supervisors in my location.

Oh. One of those "routes" that has 10 stops to show the sups "how it really is out there"? We recently had a sup that had to get some "real" on car experience. Went out with an OCS, with damn near nothing. All the other routes in the area had add/cuts put on them.

W

want to retire

Well.......those sups amd mgrs tend to widen uh out a bit after promotion........tough to sit on a foot wide plank with a 3 foot ass.......

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Center Manager and Supervisor can both ride with the driver to inform him of his short comings....

That actually happened to me one time, long ago. In a P600. No jump seat at all. My supervisor stood where the jump seat should have been, and my Center manager stood with a hand on each shelf just inside the package compartment with the bulkhead door open. The production ride from hell. I think they both had PMS. I came really close to revving the car up to about 50 MPH and then cramming on the brakes in order to send both of those wretched harpies flying face first out thru the windshield... but my better judgement prevailed which is why I still have a job here.

S

serenity now

c'mon people * the answer is obvious * it's for that rare case when the driver has the opportunity to pick up twin sisters on the route * you girls want to ride in the big brown truck ?