Package Cars Being Robbed

barnyard

KTM rider
It would be AWESOME to get jacked at about 10a. "Here are my keys. When the popo comes after you, remember to aim high in steering and expect the unexpected."

Hopefully my pc would be destroyed in a fireball and I could take the rest of the day off.

OptimusPrime

I've watched watched my share of Jean Claude VanDam and Stevan Segal movies. I'll take my chances.

No way in hell. "Excuse me sir, could you point that pistol at the ground? Makes me kind of nervous when I am trying to train you on how to drive a manual, using the key fob, etc." I really don't care if they are unarmed. If someone threatens me for the package car, it's all theirs.

BrownArmy

We had a driver in my center followed last year by an undercover cop because people were stealing packages along the route.

Never found out the end of the story.

I had some packages stolen from my own house last year...

In unrelated news, the police busted a couple last year, in the town next over, for stealing packages...their apartment was filled with boxes and boxes and boxes...

(Never made sense to me...why would you want to steal packages from people's porches...you'd just end up with shoes that didn't fit, books you don't want to read, parts for a machine you don't own, etc...)

BUT:

If someone actually tried to hijack my entire PC, I'd hand them the keys and laugh.

The cops would arrive long before said clowns could drive my 384,000 mile P-1000 far enough to make a getaway.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Happened to me. Only 6 at night, and yes you will be in the office for hours, and it will be your fault. it is not funny, armed or unarmed, its like being raped. you are standing there and there is nothing you can do, then you get a warning letter, for not securing your vehicle, you are 8 ft away when it happens, what to do, what to do, 4 of them and you and your customer.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Happened to me. Only 6 at night, and yes you will be in the office for hours, and it will be your fault. it is not funny, armed or unarmed, its like being raped. you are standing there and there is nothing you can do, then you get a warning letter, for not securing your vehicle, you are 8 ft away when it happens, what to do, what to do, 4 of them and you and your customer.

I deliver in a small town. The thought of being robbed or car jacked never occurs to me. I would prolly :censored2: my pants if it happened. I give you people credit that deliver in big cities and questionable hoods.

S

serenity now

Don't forget your wallet and cell phone and any jewelery.:greedy:

let's see: my wallet only contains a pet moth, my cell phone is so primitive they would stare in disbelief, and i have never worn any jewelry

that's a pretty good haul

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Someone Is Hijacking Canadian Mail Trucks To Steal Holiday Loot

How long until this is common place? What if anything is UPS (or other carriers) willing to do about it?
God I hope it's never common place.
I've worked in some bad parts of town but nothing too bad.
I'd like to think I'd do the macho thing
but at the end of the day, I'm getting home to my family, so I guess if I were robbed at gunpoint, they could have whatever was on the package car.
With that said, come on my property & threaten my safety or that of my family??? Caveat emptor, buddy & your not gonna like what your buying. I'll sic my wife on you & she's one crazy blonde!