Package cars in your center

sikidiki

Just curious what kinds of package cars different centers have, Our center has roughly 25+ routes and we have i would say about 5 brand new trucks that have the amber turn signals on the back not sure if thats universal with the newer trucks and about 10 are newer gas freight liners.

Then we have the dreaded 1980 manuals that have rolled the odometer a few times. But the other day i got put in one of those really really old manuals with the round green glass for blinker indicators and 1970s style gauges and the steering wheel is like a finger length away from the instrument column so if you try to turn fast you will break your fingers off. It was longer than a 1000, i called it long boy, longest package car ive ever driven/seen.

Then i think we have like 2 or 3 of the 1000 diesels that have a 3 second lag on the gas pedal, but they aren't too bad to drive.

Then a few of the small baby work horses for those mountain routes. Which package cars are your favorite and least favorite to drive?

tourists24

feel free to take all the electric trucks from my center. they seem to feel like they need as many as they can get their hands on.

tourists24

I haven't met a driver that likes them yet. I had one for a few weeks last peak which was a disaster. Now I have one again. There are a few things that are ok about them but the negatives outweigh the positives.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sounds like a high end restaurant soup du jour.

I’ll have the coddled snowflake split pea soup please.
We were at a French restaurant last night with friends. I had Garbure which is ham soup. I kept elbows off the table at this place.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Most of our trucks are new, with the old dinosaur manuals being relegated to air shuttle or peak duty. We do have 4 big P1200s for our shopping center routes. Damn things handle like an aircraft carrier.