Package Cars: Unbeatable MPG

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Didn't know that... U need a bigger sign.

Hire a graffiti artist and do this:

View attachment 277331

Edit: I forgot the other "u" so is your puny sign

sketch-1577313747152.png

Last edited:

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Way better than my Triton V10 it gets 5 mpg at 13k. Maybe it’s just not broken in yet. That’s also using premium.

Mine just cracked 3300 miles and I have to feather-foot it all week to get 6 MPG. Its incredible how the company seems to go out of it's way to find the least economical vehicles possible.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Don't feel bad. Some FXG subcontractors bought these and I guess most of their operating costs are now to feed these gas guzzlers daily, which means they have to pinch elsewhere (cut drivers pay is my guess LoL)

specter208

Mine just cracked 3300 miles and I have to feather-foot it all week to get 6 MPG. Its incredible how the company seems to go out of it's way to find the least economical vehicles possible.
Diesel adds about 5-10k to the price of a package car, plus DEF plus more expensive maintenance. Electric gives you about 60 mile range and less payload? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My usual car is a 2006 P700 Freightliner with the 4.3 turbodiesel Mercedes engine, it gets about 9 mpg. The last month they had me in a 2017 P800 with a gas Ford V-8, it was averaging under 6 mpg. ORION is a great success at cutting a few miles to save the enviroment.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Diesel adds about 5-10k to the price of a package car, plus DEF plus more expensive maintenance. Electric gives you about 60 mile range and less payload? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No I know why they do it, but do they really expect these POS Ford gas-jobs to get 300,000 miles like a diesel does? Are they going to be just as reliable as a diesel is? No chance.

specter208

No I know why they do it, but do they really expect these POS Ford gas-jobs to get 300,000 miles like a diesel does? Are they going to be just as reliable as a diesel is? No chance.
Probably not but they still are pretty heavy duty for being gas engines. If an engine goes, just put another one in. UPS is scrapping a couple of VT365 internationals because of the CARB diesel registration ban next year. Good condition trucks that are not that old except the engines finally blew with 500k miles. Sad to see them go, we only have 1 manual Trans furniture Van left and it is probably leaving soon too.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Probably not but they still are pretty heavy duty for being gas engines. If an engine goes, just put another one in. UPS is scrapping a couple of VT365 internationals because of the CARB diesel registration ban next year. Good condition trucks that are not that old except the engines finally blew with 500k miles. Sad to see them go, we only have 1 manual Trans furniture Van left and it is probably leaving soon too.
VT 365 was a pile of :censored2: from day one anyway. Good riddance. Soon I will tag along for crushing day and gleefully watch before they are all gone. All are VEM now.