package driver 40 hr/wk?

brownrodster

Needless to say i sat at 1 traffic light for 15 minutes. It took me 45 minutes to deliver this 1 ground package. My sup. knows the traffic situation in the area, so I can't understand why he would have me deliver this misload.

My only rational guess now is his over-allowed numbers are better than his missed numbers. He's not a stupid guy, so I'm trying to understand his reasoning.
?

Exactly what I was going to say. That a missed package will probably reflect more poorly on him than you being more overallowed than usual. Missed will make him look bad. Overallowed will make you look bad. And all that matters at UPS is looking good on paper.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The other day in the Atlanta floods I had to go back on 25 stops after pickups....Usually no problem..but we had 20 inches of rain in some places, roads closed left and right and yes it was still storming and water still rising...Well, the 20 minutes back to my area took 1 hour and a half....and 15 of the stops were undeliverable because they were either flooded or trapped in a flood zone neighborhood...I made service on what I could...Another great decision by Brown mgt to send me back in that traffic though...I would rather run 20 stops an hour any day over sitting in a traffic jam.....UHHHHHHHHH

I would think that in this instance Emergency Condition would apply.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I would think that in this instance Emergency Condition would apply.

Last Tuesday when the flood waters rose, I heard our Atlanta Hub on the West side of town had drivers that didn't get back in until close to midnight. The highways were getting flooded out in the late morning that day. It took me about three hours to get home. There was only one bridge still open that evening for a lot of them to get back in.

M

Mike23

I'm going to brag again so that you all hate me more :D Most days I'm done around 1700...if it makes you feel better when the new building is up EVERYTHING will be FUBAR. My 110 max count stays at 110 but I'll end up with 130 stops with the three resie areas they're putting on...I don't think it'll fit on my truck though...I guess they told the truth though. No airmeets but I'll certainly get ground meets!

bigbrownhen

The other day in the Atlanta floods I had to go back on 25 stops after pickups....Usually no problem..but we had 20 inches of rain in some places, roads closed left and right and yes it was still storming and water still rising...Well, the 20 minutes back to my area took 1 hour and a half....and 15 of the stops were undeliverable because they were either flooded or trapped in a flood zone neighborhood...I made service on what I could...Another great decision by Brown mgt to send me back in that traffic though...I would rather run 20 stops an hour any day over sitting in a traffic jam.....UHHHHHHHHH

I was wondering how you guys were doing down there with all that water. From what I understand Atlanta isn't prone to flooding, so it was a real mess. We have had a few storms with flooding, snow or tornados go through our area over the years, we have alot of EC's(emergency conditions) that do not get deilivered until it is clear on those days. Then the fun is trying to catch up on all the back log. Hope you all are making it through ok. :rain::sunny:

Dagoof

I have one of the earliest rts in our building I have to be back by 5 with all the air. Then I go do a UPS store p u so I am off by 6 almost every day. Its still about 9 and a half hours but I feel lucky to be off that early every day. One of the reasons I took this route.